Is This The Manliest DTV Commentary Ever Recorded? - ManlyMovie

Is This The Manliest DTV Commentary Ever Recorded?

I think that Outlaw, a vigilante movie that came out eight years ago in the United Kingdom, is home to probably the single manliest DTV commentary ever recorded. It’s uh, kinda ‘direct’. Director Nick Love and actor Danny Dyer rant throughout about how poorly the movie was received, mostly due to political bias.

It’s unsettling innit?

I recall.  Yes.  It was politically targeted.  And kudos to these people for letting rip on the DTV commentary.  Outlaw wasn’t a bad movie, in fact on second thoughts, it was a good movie.  A damned manly fucking movie that was torn up just because it wouldn’t appeal to everyone.  These fucking slag critics, they worked their bollocks off in this movie!  Dyer and Love sound like MM readers.

Vigilante movies.  They’re manly.  Especially when done correctly.  This one did things correctly.  Charles Bronson would’ve put his feet up with some Jack with this one, with a smile on his face.  Check it out if you’ve missed it.

1. Boatman_90

March 10, 2015 at 3:55 am

Hey knight just watched another Australian flick called John Doe Vigilante (2014) it was not bad some weak scenes but not bad. Check out the trailer on the net

March 10, 2015 at 6:09 am

I got to watch your recommendation.
      i’m gonna look 4 it.

• Boatman_90

March 10, 2015 at 6:54 am

Both films x(2011) and John Doe vigilante are easy to find on the net. I used to rent them but all the rent stores are closed down here so now if I’m unsure I will download them and then if any good I go buy it. Fucking shame I had one right around the corner and Tuesday were $1 all movies

March 10, 2015 at 7:31 am

I never thought we will live in a world without video stores. Fuckin tragic. I have always been that guy..walkin the halls not always lookin for new releases. My mom would go crazy waitin for me outside when i was a kid. I’ll take forever. The last Blockbuster closed not to long ago. I know a family owned independent store thats not to far away from where i live. I just went today after work . Got Whiplash which i haven’t seen. But the owner told me they don’t know for how long they’ll be open . Sad as shit

• Boatman_90

March 10, 2015 at 8:54 am

Me and my brothers used to do exactly the same we would walk up and down finding all sorts of movies we would always find one of sensei seagals movies that we hadn’t seen so had to borrow that. The shit thing is movie stores are extinct now and cinema prices are going up ‘apparently’ to fight illegal downloading. Well maybe if it didn’t cost so much to go to the cinemas more people would go instead of having to download the fuckers!

March 10, 2015 at 9:10 am

I hear u.
            *personally i like going to the theater. But when movies were say 4 dollars u didn’t give it much tought. Maybe it’s good,maybe not. But when ticket sales are as high as they are people think 2,3,4,5 times to watch a movie due to the cost. When i take my gf it’s sometimes $20plus in some theaters. Plus popcorn or nachos & soda. It’s too damn much. U used to take chicks to the cinemas cause it was a cheap date but now..damn!
            Plus if u got kids ..a stupid 80 minute movie might cost u an arm to take them. *My feeling is lower the prices & maybe people will attend more.
            But downloading is a reason for high ticket prices as well as the short time between theatrical release & home video.
            sometimes those Marvel & Disney movies are still bringing in cash in theaters when they hit the dvd market

• Boatman_90

March 10, 2015 at 9:55 am

Absolutely right now you have to pick your movie wisely otherwise it’s a waste of money. I certainly would attend more if the prices are lower. Yeah you can get most movies at the same time they hit cinemas and there’s too many people who will download the smaller movies and go see the bigger movies when the smaller movies need more help

• The Night Rider

March 10, 2015 at 12:17 pm

I’ll check it out.

March 10, 2015 at 3:58 am

Don’t know how seriously I take the movie though I’m a fan of Hoskins and Bean but the commentary is hilarious. Like something from one of those Peter CookDudley Moore records from the seventies. They’re wankers but you wouldn’t mind having a drink with them .

March 10, 2015 at 9:20 am

They also sound like after a few drinks they will punch u in the face😖
      lol

• jim

March 10, 2015 at 3:55 pm

You’re right Always keep an eye on the exit in case they start throwing bottles around the place.As I said they remind me of the old Derek&Clive routines which Peter Cook and Dudley Moore used to do in the seventies. Have you heard them? Here’s a taste

March 10, 2015 at 11:25 pm

Hahaha..the Dudley!!
          I was a fan of Dudley Moore. I loved his movies of course. But u know i really loved “Like Father Like Son”. That’s right..i liked those body switching movies from thd 80’$ like “Vice Versa” &”18 Again” for example. But some movies are like Nachos..they are better with cheese!
          Lots of those movies were cheesy fun. I got to find more audio of that stuff.
          it’s funny

March 10, 2015 at 6:14 am

I have not seen this “Outlaw” movie.
    Has anyone here seen the movie “Harry Brown” from 2009 staring Michael Caine?
    Also a vigilante movie. An elderly Caine going back to his Carter days in a way.
    Never hear much about it but i liked it

• Boatman_90

March 10, 2015 at 6:50 am

Also liked Harry brown good movie👍👍

March 10, 2015 at 7:25 am

Cool.
        i thought at least in my view it went under the radar. Good movie i thought. Caine of course always good

• The Night Rider

March 10, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Harry Brown was good. “I’ll stab you with my cock” – classic line.

March 10, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Hahaha..
        yes indeed
        i liked the movie
        I felt the movie never got any love or very little

March 10, 2015 at 6:17 am

What did we learn from this..
    “FAST FOWARD TO ALL THE VIOLENCE”

March 10, 2015 at 6:36 am

I see this film costars Bob Hoskins.
    By the way gentleman i found out much later about Bob Hoskins death. I knew he was ill but it’s sad his death did not get more coverage. At least in the states it didn’t.
    i was a fan. He was a great fucking actor.
    Check out the manly ganster classic from 1980 “The Long Good Friday” costarring legendary piece of ass Helen Mirren.
    if any of u are interested, it’s pretty cool.
    📌

• Boatman_90

March 10, 2015 at 7:03 am

He was really good in unleashed aka danny the dog too gun actor not enough appreciation given to this manly man

March 10, 2015 at 7:33 am

True indeed my amigo.
        he was good in “Unleashed”.
        He played all kinds of parts.
        of course he also was in Roger Rabbit which i loved as a kid

• Boatman_90

March 10, 2015 at 8:49 am

Haha gotta love roger rabbit!!

• jim

March 10, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Abso-fucking-lutely.A classic on this side of the pond.If you like British gangland mayhem check out Villian (1971) with Richard Burton and Ian McShane,the original Get Carter (1971) with Michael Caine , The Squeeze (1977) with Stacy Keach(as a washed up English cop and very good he is too with great support from David Hemmings and Stephen Boyd) and Essex Boys (2000) with Sean Bean. All personally recommended by me and you know I am never wrong about these things.

March 10, 2015 at 11:34 pm

Awesome my friend.
        let’s see..
        *i have not watched “Villian” ( i think)
        *”Get Carter” i love the original & the remake with Stallone
        *”The Squeeze” i have to check cause i don’t remember
        *”Essex Boys” i liked ..yes
        Gotta write those titles down along with the others you have mentioned

• jim

March 11, 2015 at 12:53 am

Write them down my friend.There may be questions later. Two films I meant to namecheck with you earlier ,both from David Mamet.I’m sure you’ve seen them: “Heist” with Hackman & co. (great performances and some good tough guy patter) and the brilliant “Spartan” with Val Kilmer. I love “Spartan”. It’s a modern classic Kilmer may be an ass but he is terrific in this. Great dialogue.Apart from the scenes with the tough bitch girlpower soldier I think this is near perfect.

March 11, 2015 at 5:06 am

*I have them both on dvd. Every now & again i think to myself “jeez, i really love this actor & his movies..let me see if i can collect his movies” it sometimes happens with a series..like horror for example. Friday the 13th is a collection i got.
            *so years ago i got it in my head to collect Gene Hackman movies. I didn’t take in consideration that he has a million of them! Haha i have a lot but i went for the stuff i liked a lot. The “Heist” movie is in there. Really underrated & Devito is really good in it too. “Spartan” i also own. Is really good & underrated as well. I read Kilmer is sick, hopefully is not true. Mamet is a good writer. “The Edge” & “Ronin” being to underrated scripts of his.
            *Hey
            .i asked u in another post if u have seen a movue called “The Seven -Ups” but u never answer. Its really good. “French Connection” style car chases & i think u would like it if u haven’t seen it⤵

• jim

March 11, 2015 at 6:40 am

Got that one.Roy Scheider is very cool.The Seventies my friend.We missed all the fun.It’s been downhill ever since.Another favourite from 1973: The Outfit with Robert Duvall and the great Joe Don Baker directed by John Flynn who also made the fantastic Best Seller in 1987 with James Woods and Brian Dennehy. We could be here all night.

March 11, 2015 at 8:50 am

Love Best Seller..glad u liked it too. Big James Woods fan here.
            btw ..i love Woods in “Cop” underrated flick in my humble opinion.
            u must have seen the 1986 movie “Tough Guys” with Kirk Douglas & Burt Lancaster. I always liked that movie since i was a kid. I mean look at those manly stars. Respect to them

• jim

March 11, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Favourite Burt Lancaster movies: Ulzana’s Raid(1972),The Train(1964), Sweet Smell Of Success(1957),Vera Cruz(1954) and a whole run of great b&w noirs in the 1940’s. We could be here forever.Valdez Is Coming (1971). Another terrific film.

March 11, 2015 at 8:29 pm

Burt Lancaster.. Manly Legend!
            Valdez is fucking awesome!
            btw..U should have paid the 100 dollars

• jim

March 11, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Speaking of James Woods ,did you ever see Diggstown(1992), the definition of a six pack manly movie. .

March 12, 2015 at 12:43 am

Did i? Still remember watching that in the theater. Woods vs Bruce Dern. Manly Epic Clash!
            that’s another underrated movie.
            Woods was great, Dern as well, Oliver Platt & Louis Gossett jr. Were awesome too. Plus we got a young Heather Graham to boot. Own it on dvd.
            great pick my friend.👍

6. CyrusTheVirus85

March 10, 2015 at 4:45 pm

This is Nick Love’s only good movie.