Stephen Dorff Joins Chainsaw Massacre Prequel – ManlyMovie

Stephen Dorff Joins Chainsaw Massacre Prequel

dorffchainsawmassacre

Star of ‘Felon’ and ‘Blade’ Stephen Dorff is set to appear as a Sheriff in the upcoming Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel.

According to Bloody Disgusting, the actor has been cast as ‘Texas Ranger Hal Hartman’ in the pic, a prequel to Tobe Hooper’s “Texas Chainsaw Massacre”. The site describes Dorff’s character as a lean, mean Texas Ranger who has a vendetta against the teen boy who grows up to become Leatherface.

In addition to Dorff’s anointment, the site also sheds some light on the tone and story of the new pic :

We also learned that the TCM prequel is presented as a mystery of sorts about three teenage psychopaths, one of whom grows up to be Leatherface. Sam Strike was cast as ‘Jackson’, with James Bloor starring as ‘Ike’, a budding young maniac of his. There’s still a third to be cast, and only one will eventually become Leatherface.

Dorff joins Angela Bettis, Sam Shrike, and James Bloor in the Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo directed horror romp. Production begins May 18.

1. 123

March 30, 2015 at 11:49 am

Cool underrated actor at least hes getting some roles he was in immortals as well. As for the Texas chainsaw films I’ve love them there not always the best made films although the 2003 remake (Jessica Biel) was one of the best remakes ever made I prefer to the original so there s hope that this mite be good. The latest one Texas 3d wasn’t too bad just the whole family heritage ties and the main lass choosing family and not been bothered about her friends dieing was abit crap but was still enjoyable for what it was. Hey muchooo I know you LL be on here somewhere, went to watch WrestleMania last nite was awesome I rate the event 8 out of ten solid matches, opening ladder match was really good dean abrose getting power bombed through the ladder the pub was going mental (holy shit chants). The sting hhh match was unreal for nostalgia, ” Night Rider ” check hhh entrance out was a terminator based one they had the t 800 skeletons on stage and he appeared with these robot arms then Arnold Schwarzenegger came on screen (terminator outfit) pulled his glasses down to reveal red eyes and stays ” game over” hhh music hits time to play the game haha. Dx and nwo run ins during the match. The rock and ronder rousey vs Steph and hhh segment was class crowd was loving it. Taker s match was decent alot better then last years he looked in better shape. The lesnar match was really good night rider you would of thought it was tv 14 again lesnar split wide open on the ring post not sure if it was a accident or meant to happen but was a good addition to the match.

• The Night Rider

March 30, 2015 at 12:20 pm

03 Chainsaw was fucking class. Fuck the haters.

March 30, 2015 at 12:58 pm

I love that remake. I got the collector’s set that came with crime pics & a lil book & everything.
        unfortunately it came without Jessica Biel.
        i’m such a dweeb😛

• 123

March 30, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Haha yeahh I want the Jessica Biel for a day edition lol.

• Jay Beezy

March 30, 2015 at 4:27 pm

I’d want the Alexandra Daddario for a day edition. 😉

March 30, 2015 at 7:00 pm

I would like the Daddario cum everyday collector’s set please.
            👍

• 123

March 30, 2015 at 1:36 pm

Haha yeahh what other horrors do you like night rider? Any other remakes ? Or new ones, I liked the first hills have eyes remake was really good as well hardcore violence ha.

March 30, 2015 at 1:15 pm

*I have like all Friday the 13, elm st., Halloween, Texas chainsaw movies…& i loveee the ’03 remake.(read the commemt i wrote night )
      Alexandra Daddario is forgiven for not carin about her friends at the end & choosing Leatherface..u know why?
      Cause she’s fuckin Alexandra Daddario! That’s why..
      She could kill my mother i would still fuck her!!
      lol
      * i had to do some extra work yesterday & i saw half of mania. Saw the HHH fight..already in progress..miss the entrance. A friend is giving me the dvd this week. Got to catch up
      Lesnar is a fuckin Beast. I knew Rollins would catch at the end. Rollins IMO has been the MVP for almost a year..carrying the show with a couple of others ..glad he is the champ more than Reigns( he needs to grow more)
      & btw..i was wrong about Rollins..i thought he’ll be the least successful of the trio at first..& happy i was wrong. Now Roman is the 1 that weirdly needs a bit more time. He can have great matches..but he needs better mic skills

• 123

March 30, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Do you muchoooo I like all them horrors you mentioned, did you like the rob zombie halloween movies ? I thought his first wasn’t bad I know alot of people hate them wasn’t no were near as good as the original like. Have you seen the thing prequel what did you think of that? I liked hoe it connected just hated how them made alot of practical stuff for creatures and the studio cgi over them :/. Yeah true about Texas 3d her bf was a loser anyway cheating with her mate and she hardly new the other guy her mates supposed bf so I guess it could be believable that shed choose her family lol and she’s hott. Really you LL have to catch it all was a great show hhh entrance was a highlight. Yeah I though rollin s would be the weakest of the shield when they broke up as Ambrose is good on the MIC, and roman was the muscle but hes leaps ahead of them I agree reigns needs to develop more he LL fued with Rollins for a few month then probably win title off him at summer slam I reckon.

March 30, 2015 at 2:03 pm

The curse of michael myers #6 i think was the worst..with an up & coming Paul Rudd. lol
          & wish #6 would have been the sequel.#4 &#5 deserved. Both came out a year apart. #6 came out 6 years i think after #5.
          #3 i missed Myers.
          i liked Zombie’s first Halloween. I am a fan of it & liked what he did.
          Thought it was cool.
          but the sequel wasn’t as good. He turned Loomis into a coward villain which i thought was bizarre as shit. Not as good as his first Halloween.
          *when u collect why do we need sometimes to buy the bad ones…haha
          Texas Chainsaw…#4 with matthew mcConaughey & Renne Zellweger of all people was the weakest 1.
          #3 with Viggo Mortense (another up & comer) i actually dug.
          *The Thing prequel i kinda didnt like as much..i think i got it on dvd..to be honest..may have to check it out again..saw it only once i think when it came out

• 123

March 30, 2015 at 2:43 pm

I thought Halloween 3 was the worse no Michael Myers that was crap ha. I can’t really remember all the original sequels I know like 1 2 hated 3. I remember Halloween h2o was alrite I though, Halloween resurrection was crap though. I havnt seen may of the Texas chainsaw sequels I ll have to check them out some time. Really I though the thing prequel was okay not great you LL have to re watch it at some point.

March 30, 2015 at 6:45 pm

I hated 3 so much as a kid cause no Myers. But at the urgin of a friend gave it a shot & hate it less. But still.
            Halloween 1 & 2 back to back makes 1 movie. Classics
            watch 4 & 5 back to back & u’ll see what i mean that #6 shouldve come sooner & better & complete that trilogy. H2O came out at a point in the 90’$ were after the success of “scream” & “I know what u did last summer” horror movies were popular again. & most starred actors from WB shows
            Btw..”Urban Legend” liked from this period. Cool flick (check it out if u haven’t)
            They have release like a lot of this movies in “4movie packs” so they have become cheaper & easier to collect.
            *btw..i was lookin for “clown” but i have yet to find it. Saw trailer. I will check out the thing prequel..but didnt beat the original of course.
            *btw..i’m in 1 of my bathroom breaks…haha. being here for a while

• 123

March 30, 2015 at 7:29 pm

That sometimes happens when you watch a film for a second time can grow on you. Yeah 1 and 2 are great films like I was wanting the whole collection on blu ray but hmv don’t see it which is a bummer. Yeah clowns been released in certain country’s mite not have been released in yours maybe hopefully it will come out so you can see it. Yeah a second viewing of the thing I in order muchoo ha. Are you how many breaks have you had today ? Ha.

March 30, 2015 at 7:48 pm

I was just readin Wrestling news & talkin about it with a buddy. Rock had a fucked up schedule. Also I’m tryin to watch HHH entrance. Cause i was readin it took till the last minute.
            i’m on my way to another bathroom break soon…hahaha
            but sometimes when i am on desk..i look busy in the computer.. **Very productive**. But i’m actually writing “Free Mel Gibson” , “i love Robocop” or “fuck this remake” on manlymovie..hahaha

• 123

March 30, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Cool yeah the rocks a busy guy they flew him in I read. Yeahh you need to see the hhh entrance the full match is on youtube so can check it out on there Arnie loving it lol. Haha loving the bathroom breaks arnt you muchoo and I bet you do pretending to look busy ha.

March 30, 2015 at 9:15 pm

I have it down to a science lookin “productive”👍

March 30, 2015 at 7:02 pm

Stephen Dorff was cool as a mofo in “Blade”
    I always see him now in those E cigarettes commercials

3. TheOldMcClane

March 31, 2015 at 12:47 am

Yet another TCM film? Yeesh.