Why Jim Cameron’s Hard Selling Of “Genisys” Isn’t Convincing – ManlyMovie

Why Jim Cameron’s Hard Selling Of “Genisys” Isn’t Convincing

In the video above, director James Cameron talks about Terminator: Genisys.  He goes to town on trying to convince us that it’s a real good movie.  Watch it and see.  But we have a problem with this.  It’s almost a bit desperate, like Cameron is trying too hard.  In the Facebook post below, Arnold Schwarzenegger eagerly informs us that James Cameron considers the movie a “straight 10”.  Another alarm bell.

The problem is here, James Cameron has a history of being courteous when quizzed for feedback about horrific sequels.  Back when Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines came out, here was his feedback.

“In one word : Great. There was a small part of me that hoped it wasn’t good – but another part of me hope’d it succeeded. And it did. And I’m so glad it did. Jonathon’s made a great movie. Arnold’s in great form. I really like what he’s done with it”. If he had done it, would he have handled it differently: “Yes. That’s only natural. I mightn’t have structrued it the same, nor may I have ended it the same way – but coming in where he has, such a hard thing to do, and I give Jonathan points for it”.

Then in 2010, Cameron declared that the “soup has been pissed in” when talking about the Terminator sequels.  What’s the difference there?  When asked about it in 2003 by the BBC, Arnold’s movie, which Cameron advised to make for the huge payday, was still in the promotional phase – and highly tactical to electoral success for Arnold Schwarzenegger.  Cameron was supporting his pal, until it was safe to be honest, way ahead in 2010.

But Terminator 3 is not the only movie Cameron was “nice” about.  Terminator 3 was a pretty shitty sequel, but there was an even worse update in the form of Alien Vs. Predator.  Practically everyone acknowledges that this is some pretty heavy cowshit movie making.  But, back in the day and around promotion, not Jim Cameron!

Then I saw ALIEN VS PREDATOR and it was actually pretty good. (laughs) I think of the 5 ALIEN films, I’d rate it 3rd.  I actually liked it. I actually liked it a lot.

So what is Cameron really doing by lashing such overt praise on a sequel that so blatantly looks like the worst out of all five movies?  Answer, probably bailing Arnold Schwarzenegger out, who has been struggling like hell to forge that comeback and knows that this could be his last ace in the hole.  Unless some some of miracle occurs here and this movie is good, or even fair, I’m not sure I appreciate being spoken down to by both of these men, like a pair of car salesmen…

Arnold Schwarzenegger: “Even James Cameron who didn’t direct the movie but it was his original idea to do the movie, he…

Posted by TheArnoldFans.com on Monday, June 8, 2015

1. The Night Rider

June 8, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Chim, this moofie is going to be a disastah. It’s a piece of shit and dey are catching ann!! Unt I really need it to be a smash hit, because all of my return moofies so far have bombed! The fans can sense how bad it is, dey know dat yuer not infolved unt dey see dat horrible CGI and are really shitting on it hard.

Chim… I need you to give it your seal of approfal, this piece of shit is going to sink me for goot if I can’t confince dem soon. I don’t know why I signed on for it, its so bad! CHIM! You gotta give it dat seal of approfal, so dat I can update Facebook and get my soc sites like TheAhnoldFans to spread the word.

Rate it 10/10 ant I sprea duh good news….

• CyrusTheVirus85

June 8, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Pretty much

• Barney Ross

June 8, 2015 at 8:08 pm

Fucking good job Knightrider, you gained respect now with this article pal.

• POWERSBOOTHE77

June 8, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Yeeeaauuughahhhhhauyhh allghh, DIS IS DA BEST MOVIE EVER ITS FANTASTIC

June 8, 2015 at 7:28 pm

Cameron giving a good review to
    “Terminator Genisys” & it been used as a promotional tool

June 8, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Cameron + Friendship with Arnold+ Internet claiming “Cameron needs to comeback! This looks like shit”comments+ Movie not looking good=
    Cameron giving the movie a good review

June 8, 2015 at 7:34 pm

Spock..You got something to say?

June 8, 2015 at 7:37 pm

Cameron gotta eat

6. B

June 8, 2015 at 7:52 pm

Simple facts: James cameron was paid by the studio to say this, also if i remember, James praised T3 before it came out. His opinion is like a dirty asshole trying to smell good.

Bullshit.

Boycott.this.trash.guys

• Stonebanks

June 8, 2015 at 10:34 pm

No James Cameron knows what he is talking about. This movie will be amazing!

• Barney Ross

June 9, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Fuck you and your army of retarded girly sheep.

June 8, 2015 at 7:53 pm

Good job Knightrider!! We’re not stupid and this is not fooling anyone here.

June 8, 2015 at 8:10 pm

The people on IMDB, on the T5 board, are so fucking stupid. Bunch of PG13 loving scumbag. I’m glad i destroyed them on the T4 board back then but like they say, cockroach always comeback…

The insects aka PG13 lovers are back!

• The Night Rider

June 8, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Lol I reposted this article on IMDb and instead of responding to the points, that Cameron says one thing when Arnold needs positive word of mouth, then is honest when it’s safe to be, the fantards there just raged and broke down like bitches.

• CyrusTheVirus85

June 8, 2015 at 8:47 pm

Arnold Schwarzenegger fanboys are like 13 year old female ONE DIRECTION or BACKSTREET BOYS fangirls. Who scream, stamp, threaten, lie and behave like six year olds if someone critisizes them/him, even when they’re deliberately promoting shite.

• Barney Ross

June 8, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Hahahaha smart people know you’re right man and we support you 100%

The dumb sheep on imdb defending T5 are so pathetic now, it’s unreal.

9. POWERSBOOTHE77

June 8, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Yea, right. They put him on the spot when his buddy is up shit creek hes hardly gonna say WHEW, BOY IS THAT SHIT

10. Serbius

June 8, 2015 at 9:29 pm

11. Stonebanks

June 8, 2015 at 10:33 pm

You guys are crazy. This is fucking James Cameron, you all should be kissing the ground he walks on!!!

• The Night Rider

June 8, 2015 at 10:46 pm

This isn’t a fanboy site. As the article has proven, he has a reputation for trying to unload Schwarzenegger’s shitty wares, especially in times of the latter’s desperation, just because he’s his buddy.

Cameron also said AVP was superior to Alien3, which is downright dishonesty and basically sour grapes over the whole Hicks retcon affair.

In short, Cameron was ready to hype Genisys before he’d even seen it.

• Barney Ross

June 9, 2015 at 3:07 pm

FACT. The Night Rider = MANLY MAN. FACT.

• Barney Ross

June 9, 2015 at 3:10 pm

James Cameron is my #2 favorite director after Paul Verhoeven but i’m not gonna eat his bullshit lies. Arnold is my favorite actor, i will NOT support his selling out, T5 is PG13 trash and will flop.

Like the others said this is NOT a fanboy site unlike TheArnoldfags website that eat all the poop Arnold’s shitting in their mouth.

June 9, 2015 at 1:18 am

I’m getting a used car salesman feeling about all this⤵

13. Jay Beezy

June 9, 2015 at 2:17 am

Just out of curiosity. If you wanted to see a more appropriate reboot of the franchise, and it featured a T1 20-something Sarah Connor mixed with T2 woman warrior Sarah Connor, do you think Alexandra Daddario would have been a better choice than Emilia Clarke, even when ignoring the fact that we (or specifically I) have certified her as a Manly Movie Babe?

I’ve gotten flack for saying that elsewhere. Just when comparing how Alexandra fared in San Andreas (just her bits, ignoring the rest of the movie) and just how stilted Emilia comes off as Sarah here, she’d seem like a superior choice, especially when taking into account that Emilia only got the gig through Alan Taylor.

• Jay Beezy

June 9, 2015 at 3:14 pm

Anyone?

• Barney Ross

June 9, 2015 at 4:46 pm

I would have hired Linda Hamilton again and also Edward Furlong and make him the ultimate badass i know it could work.

• Jay Beezy

June 9, 2015 at 5:00 pm

How would you de-age Hamilton?

And I was asking a legit question about Daddario.

• Barney Ross

June 9, 2015 at 10:08 pm

I would not have used this shit story.

• The Night Rider

June 9, 2015 at 10:34 pm

I dunno. I’m so disillusioned with what has happened to the franchise I can’t imagine anyone playing her. I like Daddario though and would certainly put her before Clarke. The ‘NOW SOLDIER’ line was toe curling coming from her.

• Jay Beezy

June 10, 2015 at 2:30 am

How about the rest of Clarke’s delivery when she’s telling Kyle that the timeline has changed? She’s doing a terrible job enunciating.

Daddario also looks better fit and less baby faced than Clarke. I mean how do they expect us to believe someone like Clarke was raised to become a woman warrior by that age?

Whatevs. I’m popping in my T1 DVD.

14. Lorenzo VonMatterhorn

June 9, 2015 at 4:06 am

IMDb is pointless. Same band of studio plants running the clock. I assume that there about 5 of them with 3-7 multi accounts per each. I noticed a couple posting simultaneously at ridiculous time frames. For example, at 2 AM ET when the board is inactive, all of the sudden 2 studio plants appear out of nowhere and start singing their ballad. Always replying to each other with “I agree blah blah” no matter how stupid that original post was. Corner them with a logical argument that they can’t get out of, they’ll jump offtopic with 3 different accounts and start a personal insult spree or some retarded gibberish. Sad, really. Thinking about giving up and letting the Box Office do the talking. Hopefully a huge flop to sink this PG-13 cash-grab empire and drown those lowlifes in their own spit.

• Barney Ross

June 9, 2015 at 3:06 pm

You’re a MANLY MAN. FACT.

15. Dino Bambino

June 9, 2015 at 5:25 pm

You can’t expect honesty or integrity from people in Hollywood. I love some of their talents, but let’s be honest – the entire place is built on money, attention whoring, desperation, and lies.

Accept that, and you’ll never look up to them for anything, but entertainment.

16. guest

June 10, 2015 at 11:05 pm

i’m on the fence. i truly am. to keep it real terminator 3 wasn’t a bad film, it was just not necessary. agree? terminator 3 didn’t add anything to the franchise, we got a female terminator and certain elements of the first movie are re-hashed visually.

i for one feel bad for McG and Christian Bale. Terminator Salvation was a great movie. it was epic. i’m shocked that its a hated film. i mean Terminator Slavation came out at the same time as Wolverine Orgins came out. And that film was a true piece of crap with horrid SFX. Wolverine Orgins didn’t get the same amount of hatred as Salvation. I honestly think that christian bale’s ranting audio – really distracted the general public and everbody was focused on it too much and people just bashed it unfairly – i mean even the – movie company that paid for the movie filed for bankruptcy. what a shame!. because of the audio rant. Even christian now regrets terminator salvation. it was a manly movie. john connor as the war hero, savior of mankind. i thought the john connor vs t800 and the marcus wright angle was very very well done. intelligent action movie.

so now we have genesis. at first i was skeptical. even after seeing the first trailer, seeing a ‘grandpa terminator’ made me very very skeptical. and even the retarded looking movie posters that look photoshoped – i’ve been in agreement that i’m prepared for genysis to be bad too.

i also dislike the idea that they’re ignoring Rise of the Machines and Salvation. I liked Salvation. Salvation was good. rise of machines was pretty good, but not necessary.

But after seeing this james cameron endorsement video and seeing how – the idea is that the T800 ages like a human because it has human flesh and all that. and seeing old guy terminator against young terminator looks cool.

but i see some feminist agenda. – in this film. Now Sarah Connor is now saving Kyle Reese? Kyle reese needs Little 5 foot Emilia Clarke to save him? mmmm.. i don’t know.

so i’m on the fence, this endorsement video won me over.