Pierce Brosnan Shoots Down Expendables 4 ‘Rumor’ – ManlyMovie

Pierce Brosnan Shoots Down Expendables 4 ‘Rumor’

goldeneyeSome time ago Pierce Brosnan said he had spoken to The Expendables series producer Avi Lerner about appearing in a fourth Expendables movie.  Apparently the casual discussion went well.

Speaking to Shortlist Magazine, Brosnan said: “The offer has come in for the next Expendables.  I just worked with Avi Lerner over in Bulgaria who makes them.  He said, “Would you like to be in The Expendables?  I’d love to have you”.  And I said “why not”, so we’ll see”.

Now he has other thoughts, according to AlloCine.

‘To the question “will you play in 4 Expendables ? “, the actor does not hesitate a moment:” It was just a rumor. ” Last year , the actor had hinted that he would reach well the band. Although the new Expendables 4 are scarce, the project would still relevant, including Hulk Hogan in the cast.’

Brosnan said yes before The Expendables 3 came out.  Now, after it has come and gone, he says no.  Hm.. I think we can safely rule out Hulk Hogan too, who was never cast as ‘lead villain’ anyway.  Brosnan also tells the site that a sequel to The November Man is a ‘strong possibility’.  While not his finest hour, I think a sequel to that movie is probably warranted.

1. Andymovieman

August 10, 2015 at 6:27 pm

Pierce Brosnan should definitely be in this as well as hulk hogan. Sly needs to get his shit together and give us a damn good sequel better than the lousy third film we just had. He should kill off some of the expendables and not just one. I mean kill off Kellan lutz, Randy couture, jet Li, Victor Ortiz, Glen Powell. Have Ronda Rousey and Harrison ford work with the bad guys like Dwayne Johnson. And Johnson should have his team of ultimate action badasses to rival and equally match or outmatch the expendables. Get jeff speakman, Martin kove, Steven Seagal, Ed Harris, Ron Perlman, Liam Neeson, tom Berenger, John Travolta, Nicolas cage, Jean Reno, chow Yun fat, mickey Rourke back as tool, Jean Claude Van Damme as Claude Vilain and Bruce Willis returns as church. Get Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson, Ray Liotta, Robert Patrick, Michael Dudakoff, michael Biehn, michael Madsen Tom Sizemore, Alec Baldwin, Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, Christopher lambert, etc.

August 10, 2015 at 7:12 pm

The only time Hulk Hogan was really really effective in a movie was in Rocky 3 as “Thunder Lips”.

• Shawn Gordon

August 10, 2015 at 9:07 pm

I refer to him as “Thunder Lips” when ever I speak of him.

• Andymovieman

August 10, 2015 at 10:40 pm

Hulk hogan would be great as a villain working with Dwayne Johnson, Al Pacino, John Travolta, etc. He was great in Rocky 3 and plus the radio shack Super Bowl commercial of 2014 says it all. And also he was considered to play Connor Macleod in highlander along with Mickey Rourke, Mel Gibson and Kurt Russell.

August 10, 2015 at 11:41 pm

As much of a hulkamaniac as i was..(i saw suburban commando in the theater as a child) & i used to watch hogan knows best, hogan tried to transition to movies & TV, that was 1 of the reasons he went with Turner,cause he promised Hogan movies & tv shows. Hogan always acted like he was cuttin a wrestling promo. Not to say Johnson is Brando but he has more range & charisma on the big screen than the Hulk. He could cameo but as a lead Hogans act in a movie can get a bit annoyin. Unless he gets a good director & they can bring somethin different out of him.
        & yet i have watched “No Holds Barred” too many times..so pay no attention to me…lol😋

• Andymovieman

August 11, 2015 at 12:43 am

No holds barred and suburban commando were good too.

August 11, 2015 at 2:02 am

“Santa with muscles” sucked though.
            Did u ever watch “Thunder in Paradise”?
            it only ran for 1 season if i am not mistaken.
            Plus the shadow warrior movies. I think they were 2 or 3. Carl Weathers and Martin Kove where in it. Plus hot babe shannon tweet

• Andymovieman

August 11, 2015 at 2:50 am

Yeah I did when I was a kid. It’s basically a blur now to me. I barely remember it. So on to expendables 4. But I say hulk Hogan, Martin Kove, Carl weathers and Mr. T are good for expendables 4 since they have done action before with stallone. So Stallone knows all the guys and he should make peace with Carl weathers and offer him a role in the expendables 4. Sly needs to realize that he owes us the real fans for this franchise. That’s what I think and like I said he needs to kill off more than one expendables member to make it good meaning the young kids and two of the older guys like Randy couture and jet li. We all want to see a good expendables sequel like the first two we saw before the third. Can it be saved? Yes. If sly can make a good sequel to Rocky and Rambo then he can make a good sequel to expendables 4.

August 11, 2015 at 3:51 am

Thing about Stallone is that is at his best when he has been down for a while & he is hungry. Ex3 was full Stallone. I’m so skeptical about creed. I am a rocky fanatic & this whole rocky dying in da hood thing is shit if u ask me. Hopefully i’am wrong

• Andymovieman

August 11, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Well we will see about Creed. Hopefully it looks good and if it doesn’t then we know Stallone has failed not just on that but expendables 3 as well. He needs to do the last Rambo and also he needs to do expendables 4 right and not screw it up. The only way this franchise can be saved is that Dwayne Johnson kills some expendables meaning the young team which we don’t care about and two of the older guys like Randy couture and Jet Li. Harrison Ford should be revealed as the bad guy to get revenge on Barney for killing Munroe in the first one and ruining his drug operation and killing Stonebanks.

• Duncan BROcleod

August 11, 2015 at 12:48 am

Maybe the Kurgan, yeah. But Connor? You’ve got to be kidding me.

• Andymovieman

August 11, 2015 at 2:54 am

No I’m not but he turned it down to focus on his wrestling career. Ironically the beginning of the movie has a wrestling scene involving the fabulous freebirds at Madison square garden which ironically was filmed here in new Jersey at the Izod center.

• Lesley Ann Down Syndrome

August 12, 2015 at 8:52 am

suburban commando is a very funny movie and the hulkster is good in it

August 12, 2015 at 9:33 am

Childhood memories 4 sure.
        The undertaker is in it.
        I guess he came from “death valley casting agency”😋

August 10, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Goldeneye & Tomorrow Never Dies were fuckin awesome!

• Barney Ross

August 11, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Masterpiece, my 2 favorite Bond movies with License to kill.

August 11, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Timothy Dalton..underrated Bond

4. Andymovieman

August 10, 2015 at 10:36 pm

Get Kevin Costner and Don Johnson in this film as well as Arnold Vosloo, howie long, Tommy Flanagan, Kim Coates, Mark Boone Jr, Robert Patrick, Peter Weller, rutger Hauer

August 11, 2015 at 3:02 pm

6. Lesley Ann Down Syndrome

August 12, 2015 at 8:53 am

make Pierce a very ruthless parody of his Bond as main villain. Kind of like his character in Tailor of Panama. Hulk to be lead henchman