Updated: Russell In Guardians Of Galaxy Sequel? – ManlyMovie

Updated: Russell In Guardians Of Galaxy Sequel?

Updated:  It looks like Kurt Russell isn’t on board, yet.

“I literally got a phone call two days ago about this,” Russell tells Wolfpop. “I’ve never seen Guardians of the Galaxy so I don’t know anything about it.”

“Many times I’ve heard ‘That’s a really fun movie, a really good movie [with] great characters.’ I don’t know it! So, I didn’t realize that [James Gunn] had written and directed it, but we talked to each other on the phone. And I just had to be honest and say, ‘Thank you for considering me, I have to read [the script], and I have to watch the [first] movie because I can’t bring anything for you [right now]. I’ve got nothing to offer here. So, I’m amazed to get asked about this because everybody knows more about it than I do… it’s a little weird.”

Previously: It looks like Kurt Russell is maintaining a busy slate of high profile movies, with another sequel added to his schedule.  According to TheWrap, Russell is director James Gunn’s first choice to play the father of Chris Pratt’s character in the sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy.

Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel and Pom Klementieff co-star in the film which will begin shooting early next year.

The movie even has a release date – Disney will release ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ on May 5, 2017.

December 16, 2015 at 7:35 pm

He’s on a PG-13 roll…..no Thanks, Kurt *PG13* Russel.

• Andymovieman

December 16, 2015 at 11:04 pm

Well he is doing r rated hateful eight and bone tomahawk. You should be mad that he didn’t appear in any of the expendables due to not looking back.

December 16, 2015 at 11:10 pm

It would have been nice to have seen him in either part 1 or part 2 Let’s not bring up part 3.😜

• Andymovieman

December 17, 2015 at 12:01 am

I know. I agree it sucked but I hope the fourth will be better and hard r and that they kill off the young and two of the old expendables like Randy couture and jet Li and that Harrison Ford is revealed to be the traitor who betrays the expendables.

December 17, 2015 at 12:13 am

Fingers crossed my friend.
            From your keyboard to God’s eyes.
            Expendables 4 needs to be awesome.
            A return to form

• Barney Ross

December 17, 2015 at 7:27 pm

I’m watching Hateful Eight in cinema for sure, Bone Tomahawk was ok but not as good as even the 90’s westerns…yeah he pissed me off when he refused to star in EXPENDABLES but he’s not in good shape so i understand his point.

I still like Kurt but he’s on a pg13 roll, starring in a superhero movie? wtf, he lose manly points.

• Andymovieman

December 27, 2015 at 2:51 pm

I agree. Last superhero turd he appeared in was Disney’s sky high.

December 16, 2015 at 7:47 pm

I still haven’t seen “Bone Tomahawk”
    Shame on me

• Barney Ross

December 16, 2015 at 7:54 pm

I saw it, i mean i liked it but don’t expect too much.

December 16, 2015 at 7:57 pm

The guys here have loved it so i really need to watch it. Thanks for the tip

• Jacob Phillips

December 16, 2015 at 8:11 pm

one of my favourites recently, i want to watch is a second time when i can 🙂

December 16, 2015 at 8:13 pm

I need to watch the fucking thing is what i need to do.
            Thanks friend

December 16, 2015 at 7:56 pm

A few years ago he walked away from Show Biz , His best years seem behind him. I have always been a super fan of his. He has always had an an eclectic career, Remember folks he was a Disney star for many many years.
    So good for him. I wish that maybe one day he does another movie with John Carpenter. I still think he can do Snake Plissken 1 more time & finish the trilogy.

• Andymovieman

December 16, 2015 at 11:02 pm

I agree. He should reprise his role of snake Plissken and Jack Burton too.

• Andymovieman

December 27, 2015 at 7:52 pm

If it wasn’t for renting big trouble in little china from blockbuster video back in the day, I might not have heard about escape from New York on the blockbuster video case of big trouble in little china and knowing that john carpenter directed it and kurt russell starring in that. I’ll never forget when I saw a copy of escape from New York on DVD from MGM when suncoast and mill creek mall in secaucus when it was around back in the day. Thats when I wanted to see that movie 15 years ago.