TOP FIVE: Manliest Movies Of 2013 – Page 2 – ManlyMovie

TOP FIVE: Manliest Movies Of 2013

4) Olympus Has Fallen

I still remember the trailer for this movie, then soon afterwards they showed a clip on late night television where Gerard Butler smashed the head of a Communist invader with a giant bust. I was sold instantly.

It’s hard to not put this near number one, but it’s damn near equal to the next movies on the list. Chuck Norris, Charles Bronson and Ronald Reagan would all be proud of this brutal movie. A throwback and a Die Hard clone. It’s almost like it didn’t give a fuck about what trending was, no capes, no PG-13, just taking aim at a particular audience (us) and saying, oh, you like that huh? Gerard Butler is a manly actor too, good in the role.

This movie stomped its girlie man rival, White House Down. It destroyed that sissy movie with its horrible backgrounds and soft assed ‘violence’!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

1. Kevin

January 3, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Solid list. I watched Bullet To the Head again on blu ray the other day and It really is a awesome movie. Great villain, hot chick and stallone is badass as usual. I personally really enjoyed The Last Stand and Expendables 2 as well.

• The Knight Rider

January 3, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Expendables 2 – 2012 though 😉

2. TheOldMcClane

January 4, 2014 at 11:24 am

I’m surprised “Olympus Has Fallen” didn’t make the list.

• TheOldMcClane

January 4, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Ah, just re-read the title of the article. Now it makes sense 🙂

• The Knight Rider

January 4, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Nah you’re right, I was a bit fucked in the head while writing that. I’d replace All Is Lost with it.

3. Pingback: REVIEW: Out Of The Furnace (2013) On Blu-Ray – Manly Movie

May 19, 2016 at 2:39 am

Not too impressed by any of those. I am more sure than ever that Triple 9 is the best manly movie in years.Admitedly I can’t stomach most flics these days and don’t bother with too many new ones. I find todays action films either silly or trying so hard they almost come out gay. Triple 9 was a gift. A hard mean thriller. Surprised they found a cast of contemporary players man enough to act in it. Even nicer to see it made with a decent budget. Nothing on this list comes close.

May 19, 2016 at 4:46 am

Anthony Mackie i think is becoming a pretty good actor. Casey Affleck is overlooked constantly cause of his brother who gets must of the attention, he was also great in “The Assasination of Jesse James” & “Out of Furnace”.
      I was surprised Kate Winslet was in the movie but she was awesome in it. Good movie. Think “Street Kings” was better. Only saw “Triple 9” once in the cinema..I’ll get the DVD when it comes out.

5. Andymovieman

May 19, 2016 at 3:25 am

Escape plan and Olympus has fallen are awesome and bullet to the head are the awesome manly movies of 2013 along with last stand.

May 19, 2016 at 4:47 am

I keep sayin “The Last Stand” is a very underrated movie

6. Jacob Phillips

May 19, 2016 at 9:53 am

It was a good year for manly movies, Escaple Plan and Assault on Wall Street were my favorites that year.

7. UpInHurr

May 19, 2016 at 6:54 pm

I agree especially on Bullet to the Head and Escape Plan. Sad that those movies didn’t do better, but they were awesome in my book. The Last Stand also deserves a mention, Arnie was still a but rusty but the movie is a hell of a lot of fun.

8. ColonelBobi

May 19, 2016 at 11:41 pm

Good list, the only one I missed so far was Linc The Sink’s Wall Street revenge, I think I saw it was on Netflix though. Will watch it this weekend I hope. Out Of The Furnace was a cracking movie, Affleck younger stealing the show. He is cool in Gone Baby Gone also.

edit: I watched Assault on Wall St today, damn good movie especially seeing as it’s low budget DTV. Very satisfying ending also and not what I was expecting when I sat down to watch. I figured he would just go on a random murder spree ending with suicide by cop. Not necessarily..