Beverly Hills Cop 4 Is Back On… Again – ManlyMovie

Beverly Hills Cop 4 Is Back On… Again

beverlyhillscop3

Jerry Bruckheimer said he left Disney to return to Paramount because the former put too many constraints on his creative urges, probably the family oriented direction.  He said among his first projects back at Paramount would be Top Gun 2 and an ‘R’ rated Beverly Hills Cop 4.

Cop 4 was shitcanned after Eddie Murphy repeatedly said the script wasn’t good enough.  Now it seems it is back on.

Belgian filmmakers Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah (“Black”) have been supposedly hired to direct it.  Josh Appelbaum & Andre Nemec are going to write it.  Other than that, nothing else new to add.

I do have some trivia on this though.  First, the movie is going to be set (mostly) in Detroit, the original plan for it to take place in a severe snowstorm.  Second, did you know at one point Paramount execs were pushing hard for a Beverly Hills Cop/Crocodile Dundee crossover?  Jesus, that’s not a joke either.

Anyway, I’d really like to see Sidney Bernstein return.

June 15, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Has Eddie gone all Nation of Islam now? These “Belgians” are euromuzzies….from Morocco…and I can’t see why they would get a high profile studio job…… except as a bit of naked virtue signalling…..Gotta keep the diversity gimps happy…

June 15, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Eddie Murphy has more kids than a school bus.

June 15, 2016 at 1:06 pm

They need to release that “Beverly Hills Cop” TV pilot.
    We need to see that shit

• jim

June 15, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Hey macho…have you seen Nice Guys yet?..It was shit,wasn’t it?

June 15, 2016 at 6:51 pm

Unfortunately I have not been able to. I have been back and forth because of job obligations and some family issues as well. I haven’t been to the movies much this past month and in the states the movie has been pulled from some theaters already. I tried to go about a week ago but the cinema that I went to waa no longer showing it . But I really wanted to see it but by the looks of it I’m going to have to wait till it comes out on DVD.
        Btw…I never saw Tatantino’s “Hateful 8” either. when the movies don’t make money like that they get pulled from theaters rather quickly & I forgot to rent or buy “The Hateful 8” i know it got mixed reviews here.

I however saw the Seven Five documentary you recommended & loved it..
        It aired on The Showtime Network a lot couplecof months ago. Really cool doc.

4. Serbius

June 15, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Let’s hope this doesn’t suck ass like Part III.

• Barney Ross

June 15, 2016 at 7:45 pm

It was better than expendables 3 HAHAHHAHAHAHA

compared to BHc1 and 2 its average but better than the pg13 trash coming out today, i much rather watch this than Die soft 4 and 5 or lethal weapon tv show remake

• Serbius

June 15, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Agreed.

• Barney Ross

June 16, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Good! I agree that when it came out i thought it was very disapointing. BHC3 has the writer of DH1 and 2 btw that’s why it felt different than the first two BHC films.