First Footage: Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016) - ManlyMovie

First Footage: Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016)

Check out the first footage from Tom Cruise’s upcoming Jack Reacher: Never Go Back.  Seems that Tom Cruise is showing up in quite a few manly movies these days.

Tom Cruise obviously appears in the title role for the story in which Reacher returns to the headquarters of his old Army unit, only to find he’s been accused of a sixteen-year-old murder.  Serial creep Robert Knepper (Hard Target 2) also appears as the baddie.

Knepper will play General Harkness, a retired general-turned-CEO of a private military contractor firm. A man of power and authority who thinks he’s a hero and is unafraid to do what’s necessary.

Cobie Smulders, Robert Catrini, Danika Yarosh, Aldis Hodge, Patrick Heusinger, Holt McCallany and Austin Hebert co-star. Zwick, Richard Wenk and Marshall Herskovitz co-wrote the script for the follow-up which hits cinemas October 16th.

1. ColonelBobi

June 15, 2016 at 10:41 am

T-Bag always plays a great villain. This should be worth watching despite the weak cast. Cruise was decent in the first movie.

2. Saverio

June 15, 2016 at 11:34 am

Nice! I like this character a lot

June 15, 2016 at 12:17 pm

The first one was crap…only the fight scene in the bathroom worked…That was great but it belonged in a better movie…Maybe something by Elmore Leonard?…..the rest of it was just another wee Tom vanity project …

• Jacob Phillips

June 16, 2016 at 11:20 am

Totally agree, apart from that fight, and Werner Herzog, I thought the first one was cringeworthy.

• jim

June 16, 2016 at 2:49 pm

You and I will have to speak for good taste and the finer virtues on this site.

June 15, 2016 at 12:47 pm

I give Cruise respect for his work ethic, the man despite all the years he has been in the Limelight and all the money he has, still works his ass off to make good movies. He hasn’t gone the “Bruce Willis- I am bored out of my fucking mind- where do I stand- give me my money so I can get the hell out of here- straight to the DTV movie route”
    I mean Cruise hung from a fucking airplane for an action sequence in the last mission impossible movie. If I Had his money I would use a stunt double just to get out of bed

June 15, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Robert Knepper is cool

6. Serbius

June 15, 2016 at 2:37 pm

The first one was decent. I’ve read some of the books,Reacher is a cool character. I’ll check this one

June 15, 2016 at 6:41 pm

I think Cruise pulled it iff despite him being nothing how Reacher is described physically in the books. I always thought Brian Bosworth would’ve made a cool Reacher. He looks like Reacher is described in the books I thought

• Serbius

June 15, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Yes Bosworth fits the description better. But Cruise at least is not playing ethan hunt again.

June 15, 2016 at 7:46 pm