POLL: Which Was The Manliest ‘Punisher’ Movie? – ManlyMovie

POLL: Which Was The Manliest ‘Punisher’ Movie?

I thought about doing a poll on this and just about forgot that there’s a fourth ‘Punisher’, Jon Bernthal.  So this question is going to be – which movie, or TV show, was or is the manliest of The Punisher series?  Either as a character or movie by itself.  Of course Dolph Lundgren was the first, then Thomas Jane with Ray Stevenson also appearing as The Punisher.

I can personally say that the 2004 is my favourite ‘Punisher’, easily. That movie was so fucking cool and still is. I have to reflect the sentiments of ‘Haraldo’ though who mentioned in the comments section a while back that normally Bernthal’s Punisher would look good, but now it’s just hard to summon the willpower to watch yet another comic book feature, even a violent one like this series. I feel the same, although maybe when Bernthal gets his own pilot…

So which is the manliest Punisher?

1. Felton Raiman

August 18, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Dolph’s Punisher was the best. He nailed it. He just needed that famous T-Shirt with Skull on his chest. Movie was very dark and violent just like a Punisher movie should be about. Jane’s Punisher was good on it’s own but the movie itself was kinda boring. It had little to no action. Killcount was wayyyy to low for a Punisher movie. Stevenson falls somewhere between awesome Dolph’s and Jane’s Punisher. Don;t know what to think about Bernthal.

August 18, 2016 at 10:49 pm

They’re all crap but Ray Stevenson was the manliest man in the part. That said, the competition includes a guy who will suck cocks for food .

3. Andymovieman

August 18, 2016 at 11:56 pm

Dolph Lundgren was great and the first best punisher and tom Jane was second best. I hear Dolph Lundgren is interested in playing Cable in Deadpool 2 along with Ron Perlman and Stephen Lang. I say they’re all good for Cable. You need old and grizzled like Dolph, Stephen Lang, Ron Perlman, Kurt Russell, Arnold schwarzenegger, etc. and not young, fresh and a smug cocksucker like Jon Hamm.

4. Lt_Cobretti

August 19, 2016 at 1:49 am

I love Dolph’s flick but goddamn Bernthal in his scenes in Daredevil just fucking nails it.

• Haraldo

August 23, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Ray Stevenson till I die.
      Don’t really care about either of the other live action Punishers (though Jane did great voicing the character in that 2005 video game and I like him as an actor overall; “Dirty Laundry” sucked, however).

5. UpInHurr

August 19, 2016 at 2:01 am

John Bernthal will get his own Punisher series next year so, we’ll get a better handle on him carying a show as the character. He was awesome as The Punisher but I would have to go with Stevenson as the manliest version of the character. When you have the lines “Sometimes I wish I could get my hands on God”, there’s little things more kick ass than that, even if the movie itself was subpar…..

August 19, 2016 at 6:06 am

I haven’t watched Bernthal yet but I have heard & read good things about his Punisher/ Castle.

I am in the minority & have liked all 3 Punisher movies.
    *I think Lundgren’s version was a kick ass 80s action movie.
    *2004s Punisher had an old school action / Cannon low budget vibe. 1 that I liked. The wife of Travolta even had a car phone.
    * I fuckin tought 2008s Punisher was fuckin great. Really got lost in the shuffle that year especially a year that featured Iron Man, Hulk and the Dark Knight.

It’s a toss-up for me between Lundgren and Stevenson.

7. ColonelBobi

August 19, 2016 at 8:48 am

The Thomas Jane movie edged it for me. I wasn’t aware Bernthal had a Punisher movie/show upcoming. He is always watchable in whatever he’s in. I could see him making a badass Punisher.

August 19, 2016 at 11:48 am

Fuck it! I went with 1 of my childhood idols Mr. Lundgren.
    But Stevenson and “War Zone” were both underrated.

August 19, 2016 at 11:49 am