The Punisher (1989) Getting Blu-Ray Special Treatment - ManlyMovie

The Punisher (1989) Getting Blu-Ray Special Treatment

We don’t cover comic book movies much here, but among the few exceptions would be Dolph Lundgren’s The Punisher.  Actually, all of The Punisher movies are manly.  So Lundgren’s version will be getting the special treatment according to the German website  schnittberichte.com.

The release will be fully restored and uncut.  It will also be a two disc special edition.  Check out some details on the extras below.

(1). THE PUNISHER (Unrated) feature
(2). AUDIO COMM w/ MARK GOLDBLATT (Unrated Cut)
(3). THE PUNISHER (Goldblatt Workprint)
(4). ‘VIOLENCE DOWN UNDER’: NEW INTERVIEW WITH MARK GOLDBLATT
(5). ‘VENGEANCE IS HIS’: NEW INTERVIEW WITH DOLPH LUNDGREN
(6). GAG REEL
(7). TRAILER
(8). REVERSIBLE COVER ART FEATURING NEWLY COMMISSIONED ARTWORK

Thanks to: Taylor

August 15, 2016 at 9:03 pm

If time would have stood still in 1989 I would have been fine with that.

August 15, 2016 at 9:07 pm

I always defended this movie from the get-go, loved it from the start.
    I think still they made a mistake by not putting the skull on his chest , so I do take 1 point off for that.
    The movie it’s a balls-out 80s Reagan Era Manly hard action picture.
    I have it on DVD and this Special Edition Blu-ray it’s a must-have for fans of these type of action movies I think.

August 15, 2016 at 9:10 pm

As a listen to this I wanna get my Bronson on & go out tonight & get rid of the scum that unfortunately walk the earth.

August 15, 2016 at 9:19 pm

5. Shawn Gordon

August 16, 2016 at 12:39 am

Any idea who is releasing this. Arrow Video, a UK unit that also releases in the US, has been making a practice of releasing more low-brow entertainment in deluxe special editions.

• Lt_Cobretti

August 16, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Koch in Germany is releasing the HD uncut version, the picture in this article is from the upcoming Umbrella release in Australia, which unfortunately only has the unrated version as a SD extra.

• Duncan BROcleod

August 17, 2016 at 2:52 am

Would love to see Arrow Video or someone else do a similar take on “Showdown in Little Tokyo,” badass and criminally-underrated Dolph and Brandon Lee movie, as well.

6. Luke

August 17, 2016 at 10:27 am

I just finished watching it now, and I gotta say that I like 2008s the best, but this one comes in a close second.