First Look At Schreiber In ‘The Bleeder’ - ManlyMovie

First Look At Schreiber In ‘The Bleeder’

liev-schreiber-the-bleeder

Liev Schreiber has filmed an upcoming boxing movie titled The Bleeder and you can check out a first look at the movie above.  The film is a biographical account of Chuck Wepner’s challenge to Muhammad Ali in 1975.  Pooch Hall will play the latter.

The film was directed by Philippe Falardeau and was screened recently in Venice.

Although a release date still hasn’t been set, IFC Films and Showtime Networks acquired U.S distribution rights to the film.  In the movie, Schreiber supposedly took more than 800 real punches to ensure the movie’s authentic look and feel worked out.

So that’s something he should be respected for.

Thanks to: Boatman

September 16, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Wepner was Stallone’s inspiration for Rocky.

September 16, 2016 at 1:44 pm

September 16, 2016 at 1:48 pm

I’ve taken over 800 hundred punches.
    But it was for no movie..I just got a big mouth

September 16, 2016 at 1:58 pm

For those that might be interested, the network ESPN does documentaries under their 30 for 30 Films & 1 documentary was about this guy’s life.
    Stallone saw this dude knocked down Ali & thats when he got the idea for Rocky.
    A very interesting tidbit was that Wepner actually later on in life ended up in prison & coincidentally in the same prison Stallone ended up shooting the movie “Lock Up”.
    Wepner actually later on decide to sue Stallone for royalties. Personally I feel like Stallone did not deserve to pay him shit, as a matter of fact if it wasn’t for that movie, nobody will remember who his dumb ass.
    I believe the settle out of court.

But it is quite the story and he’s a fascinating guy and for those of you that might be interested, those ESPN documentaries are all streaming on Netflix and you can catch it under the title “The real Rocky” 30 for 30 Films.

• Thunderdome

September 20, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Agreed, the 30 for 30 series is always good. And the only way Stallone would have ever gotten in trouble is if he called the character “Chuck Wepner” instead of Rocky Balboa. Stallone was inspired yes but didn’t steal anything.

In the movie they actually have a guy playing Stallone back in the day.

Good review here:

September 20, 2016 at 10:36 pm

I actually want to see the movie. Liev Schrieber is actually a pretty good actor. He is really good in his TV show “Ray Donovan”.

• Thunderdome

September 21, 2016 at 3:10 pm

My Dad and I are big boxing fans and sometimes we’ll come across a Wepner fight being rerun so we’ll definitely be seeing this.

September 21, 2016 at 9:06 pm

My dad & I also love boxing. My father is kinda creepy when it comes to his knowledge of boxing. He is like a damn boxing Google.
            1 thing my father does not like is when people say Muhammad Ali is the greatest boxer of all time.. it gets under his skin