Karl Urban Will Seek Revenge In 'Bent' | ManlyMovie

Karl Urban Will Seek Revenge In ‘Bent’

The AMBI Media Group has announced recently that they are developing a new revenge thriller titled Bent. The film will star Karl Urban for the lead role of a disgraced narc and ex-con who sets out to find the person who framed him and killed his partner only to discover greater stakes and treachery unfolding around him.  Filming begins soon in Rome, Italy.
Sofia Vergara will also appear as a seductive government agent with Andy Garcia playing a retired cop and mentor to Urban’s role. AMBI’s Andrea Iervolino and Monika Bacardi are producing with Deadly Codes Productions whose Joseph O’Donnell created the characters in the script written by Crash producer Bobby Moresco who will direct.
According to  Screendaily:

“Bent delivers on the best of film noirs – a main character driven by revenge, who is forced to choose between the truth he knows, the evidence against that truth, and the woman he loves most in the world,” Iervolino said.

“Karl, Sofia and Andy are a powerful onscreen trio who have a rich story to work with, thanks to the brilliant story and characters created by Bobby and Joseph.”

Urban is next set to appear in director Taika Waititi’s Thor: Ragnarok.

1. Avatar

March 27, 2017 at 12:47 pm

El Gran Cubano Andy Garcia was great in the underrated 80s classic “8 Million Ways to Die”

I’ve always loved this exchange:
    “Angel Moldonado(Garcia):
    OK, OK, OK. My fault. I’m sorry. I didn’t get laid today.
    Matthew ‘Matt’ Scudder(Bridges):
    Well, we’ve all got our problems.”

Hahahahaha…love it👍

jim

March 28, 2017 at 3:46 am

Reminds me of an exchange from this terrific sleazy seventies Brit gangland drama http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076755/
      Stephen Boyd and David Hemmings are two gangsters discussing the woman they have kidnapped. Hemmings is worried the plot is unravelling.
      BOYD:So I heard you and the lady got it on last night.How was she.?
      HEMMINGS:Not great
      BOYD:(looking surprised and concerned) Well..I wouldn’t feel too badly about it. You’ve probably got a lot on your mind.

March 28, 2017 at 12:15 pm

I dont remember much of this movie. Need to watch it again.
        It looks good

2. Avatar

March 27, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Karl Urban was Badass in the kick-ass
    “Dredd” movie.
    We need a sequel..pronto!!

Barney Ross

March 27, 2017 at 4:30 pm

I prefer the original Judge Dredd with Stallone by a long shot, way bigger budget, R rated, the score was WAY better in every way fucking epic (Alan Silvestri), great special effects…Dredd 2012 was violent and kicked ass but it looked like a 10 million dollars production compared to the original who had a budget of about 120-130 Million ajusted for inflation 2017

March 27, 2017 at 5:56 pm

I love the Stallone movie. We might be in the minority but I am a fan of it, have it on DVD.
        The Urban version of Dredd was indeed a lower-budget production however at the time, the Stallone Dredd movie version was thought of as a big-time Summer Movie release in 1995.
        I did feel that they went and try to be too comedic at times but I liked the movie, plus Armand Assante as a bad guy is always a good thing

Barney Ross

March 28, 2017 at 9:35 pm

Assante is a good actor, i think it was his best performance in Dredd, honestly true Judge Dredd fans (comics) might prefer the 2012 version i get it and i get why…but as a Stallone fan and as a non-fan of the comics, it was a fucking blast…

One of the last great Stallone movie imo. Like you’ve said we are in the minority but hey manly men are in the minority too!

I was never shy to admit that i love Judge Dredd, got bashed for it many times but i still stand my ground, its great.

If i remember there was an extra violent scene but didnt make it into the film….look here:

*****From the beginning the film was intended to receive a PG-13 rating. Due to excessive violence the MPAA refused to downgrade the initial R rating despite repeated appeals by the studio and Sylvester Stallone. Mostly because of schedule constraints the film could not be re-cut and was released with an R rating. ***** According to an interview with writer Steven E. de Souza for the Den Of Geek web site in December 2013, the original cut was rated NC-17 and had to be re-cut and resubmitted to the MPAA five times in order to get an R rating. This was before Sylvester Stallone and the studio tried to cut the movie even further to get PG-13 rating.

Stallone was wrong for wanting a pg13 shit

There was some very goiry scenes cut by these greedy bastards…

March 28, 2017 at 11:53 pm

You know why so many movies of yesteryear were so violent and gory?
            Because directors used to shoot a lot of extra bloody footage and that’s the first cut they will submit to the MPAA so that when they were told to edit stuff down they still had tons of gory shit in the R rated cut.
            I wish the idiots filmmakers of today would adopt that mentality.
            😎✌

ColonelBobi

March 27, 2017 at 11:18 pm

Cracking action movie Dredd and way better than Sly’s version which was all wisecracks and crappy one-liners. Urban’s badass Dredd didn’t even take his helmet off did he? And those futuredrugs! Hey Mucho you know anywhere I could score some slo-mo?

March 28, 2017 at 2:34 am

If you noticed Rob Schneider in the 90s was in a bunch of action movies as the comedic sidekick. That’s the career route Johnny Knoxville has taken in this century.
        I like both movies. But Urban’s Dredd had an edge that the Stallone movie lacked.
        I think it was rare that an actor decided to not take the helmet off for the entire movie or the studio allowing it.
        For example Deadshot in the comics wears a mask & I don’t imagine Will Smith wearing a mask for most of the duration of the Suicide Squad movie.

I have been stressed as fuck as of late.. so if you can find those slow mo drugs.. don’t forget to share..lol

ColonelBobi

March 28, 2017 at 11:58 am

Yep Schneider was one of many wise-cracking comedic side-kicks we had to endure over the years. He may have sucked but he’s leagues funnier than Knoxville. I forgot to give credit to Sly’s Dredd for that badass villain brother Armand Assante. He was awesome, so good I can’t believe I never saw him in anything else.
          Haha I always wondered what a 36 hour day would be like. That slo-mo is just what I need! My missus is a drugs counsellt so i’m sure she can point me toward the next best thing 😉

March 28, 2017 at 12:07 pm

Lol
            At this point I’ll settle for 2 Tylenol PMs and a nap
            ZZZZzzzzzzz

March 28, 2017 at 12:10 pm

Armand Assante is a great actor.
            I’m thinking soon writing about some gangster movies in here. check him out in the 1996 HBO movie ” Gotti” .
            He kicks ass in that role

3. Avatar

March 27, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Lots of people hated this movie,
    However I liked it.
    I liked the movie “Doom”
    Starring Karl Urban

Barney Ross

March 27, 2017 at 4:27 pm

Only fags hate this movie man, one of the best modern monster movie. The best The Rock movie, he will never make one as great as this.

March 27, 2017 at 5:50 pm

Lol
        I am a fan of the guy. Obviously I haven’t liked everything he has done but I’m a fan. I think his “Faster” movie is pretty underrated. You must’ve liked that movie.

Jacob Phillips

March 27, 2017 at 9:05 pm

Faster was good… I remember at the end I was like “Shit, was that The Rock?? He did make a good movie!” Then again, Doom is quite good as well.

March 27, 2017 at 9:29 pm

I think this was around the time he started coming to his own as a movie star. B4 that he was sort of floating around seeing what was gonna stick

He’s done some movies I’ve liked. And as a wrestling fan I loved the guy’s trash talkin skills.

Barney Ross

March 28, 2017 at 9:39 pm

Yeah, Doom and Faster, he did his best performance in these and they’re also his best films. The Rundown was funny too but a bit soft (pg13) he’s good in Fast Furious 5 but its getting a bit ridiculous now.

jim

March 28, 2017 at 3:31 am

Faster was his best one.

March 28, 2017 at 3:44 am

It’s a very cool movie

Barney Ross

March 28, 2017 at 9:36 pm

Faster his 2nd best one for me

Barney Ross

March 28, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Yep Faster almost his best, 2nd best imo its debatable, for some it IS his best and i get why, he’s better in R rated movies thats a fact

March 28, 2017 at 11:54 pm

He is a hard cold blooded bastard in the movie. Its a cool manly flick

4. Avatar

jim

March 27, 2017 at 2:23 pm

Dredd was terrific..Anybody got any info on this Karl Urban movie? Is it ever getting released?http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0490087/

March 28, 2017 at 2:20 am

Still in litigation last time I heard.
      At first it was like a Die Hard-esque script but now it’s a completely different movie in tone according to the director. It might get released in the year 2045…😛

jim

March 28, 2017 at 3:29 am

Always felt more moody sweaty southern gothic to me…I can imagine Ry Cooder on the soundtrack…

March 28, 2017 at 3:32 am

Who knows at this point what to expect

5. Avatar