Trailer: Death Wish Remake | ManlyMovie

Trailer: Death Wish Remake

Above is the trailer for the Death Wish remake.

Synopsis
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures presents director Eli Roth’s reimagining of the classic 1974 revenge thriller Death Wish. Dr. Paul Kersey (Bruce Willis) is a surgeon who only sees the aftermath of Chicago violence when it is rushed into his ER – until his wife (Elisabeth Shue) and college-age daughter (Camila Morrone) are viciously attacked in their suburban home. With the police overloaded with crimes, Paul, burning for revenge, hunts his family’s assailants to deliver justice. As the anonymous slayings of criminals grabs the media’s attention, the city wonders if this deadlyvigilante is a guardian angel or a grim reaper. Fury and fate collide in the intense, action-thriller Death Wish.

Paul Kersey becomes a divided person: A man who saves lives, and a man who takes them; a husband and father trying to take care of his family, and a shadowy figure fighting Chicago crime; a surgeon extracting bullets from suspects’ bodies, and the vigilante called “The Grim Reaper” who detectives are quickly closing in on.

Updated from the original novel by Brian Garfield, director Eli Roth  and screenwriter Joe Carnahan’s (The Grey, Narc) Death Wish also stars Vincent D’Onofrio (The Magnificent Seven, TV’s Daredeviland Law & Order: Criminal Intent), Elisabeth Shue (Leaving Las Vegas), Camila Morrone, Dean Norris (Breaking Bad) and Kimberly Elise (The Great Debaters). It’s a knife’s-edge portrayal that challenges our assumptions, and pushes our buttons.

By bringing the complex psychology of Brian Garfield’s book up-to-the-moment and injecting new thrills and a stark, unflinchinglook at the American psyche in 2017, Eli Roth and Death Wish brings audiences to the height of unforgettable suspense.

A Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures production, Death Wish is set for release on November 22, 2017. It will be distributed in the U.S. by APR and internationally by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures. Death Wish stars Bruce Willis, Vincent D’Onofrio, Elisabeth Shue, Camila Morrone, Dean Norris, Kimberly Elise. Directed by Eli Roth.Screenplay by Joe Carnahan, based on the 1974 Motion Picture by Wendell Mayes from the Novel by Brian Garfield. Producer, Roger Birnbaum. Associate Producer, Stephen J. Eads. Executive Producer, Ilona Herzberg. Director of Photography, Rogier Stoffers.Edited by Mark Goldblatt. Music by Ludwig Göransson. Production Design by Paul Kirby. Costume Design by Mary Jane Fort
So the movie is (probably) going to be R-rated and have a November release date.  Seems like it could do good numbers for our niche in the safe zone of November, away from leotard toy features.  I wonder though what everyone thinks of this trailer?
Is it too ‘funny’ or might we see some old school Walter_B?
Here’s the poster…

1. Avatar

Jeff

August 3, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Hmm. Doesn’t look as bad as I’d anticipated and I like the way it’s been updated to reflect current trends. In the end, of course, it all depends on whether or not Walter_B took his job seriously, and I don’t think we can discern that from this trailer.

The Night Rider

August 3, 2017 at 6:10 pm

Good point. It’s hard to tell from this trailer which Walter_B we’re getting. If it’s John McClane’s cousin, it might work.

If it’s Bruce Willis… what a waste (Stallone should’ve stayed with this one).

August 3, 2017 at 6:14 pm

Stallone could’ve kicked ass in this if his heart was in it.

Jake

August 3, 2017 at 6:50 pm

Stallone would’ve been good in this script but I was never sold on his concept for Death Wish. He basically wanted to reinvent the wheel, with Kersey as a supercop who had sworn to never pick up a gun again.

He was seriously overthinking it. Sometimes you just wanna see bad guys get shot and that’s especially true when dealing with a Death Wish movie.

August 3, 2017 at 6:55 pm

That is true. I didn’t remember his concept for it, I just remember him circling the project.

When I wrote “If his heart was in it’ is because when he really puts his mind to something or he feels he has something to prove the man can really shine but when he gets complacent that’s when he stumbles.

Jake

August 3, 2017 at 7:27 pm

True, or when Stallone gets overconfident. If you look at his career, success has always been one of the worst things that can happen to him.

That’s when he suddenly starts believing he can sing or be the next Al Pacino or that millennials might be the real target audience for an Expendables movie.

August 3, 2017 at 7:44 pm

“Rocky Balboa” & “Rambo” both were better than we had anticipated or expected and “Rocky Balboa ” was much better than anyone thought it was going to be.

& “Rambo” shit… it was like he was showing the young punks how it’s done. An instant classic. Even in the first Expendables he nearly killed himself to make that movie. But he got too much love from the crowd at one point and thought “hey I can get the Fast and the Furious crowd” which was a huge mistake for Ex3.

Jake

August 3, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Yes, the flipside is that failure has always been very good to Stallone. Rocky Balboa and Rambo were born out of his career hitting rock bottom. He knew he had to prove something with Balboa and had serious doubts about whether Rambo could still work.

But once he was riding high on the success of Expendables 1 and 2, that’s when his worst instincts began to kick in again.

August 3, 2017 at 7:54 pm

He’s great at a comeback that’s for sure. He’s been written off a bunch of times and he always comes back.. got to give him that

2. Avatar

August 3, 2017 at 6:04 pm

I don’t expect this to be as great as the original series nor do I expect Bruce Willis to match our Hall of Famer Charles Bronson.

I don’t know man, I watched the trailer a couple of times and I still don’t know. Some parts of it I liked and some parts of it I did not. But at the end of the day, at this point, can we trust good ol’ Bruce Willis?

I want this movie to kick some sort of ass but I am so skeptical. I’ll try to be hopeful later.

3. Avatar

August 3, 2017 at 6:11 pm

God should give some people a pass and let them live forever. Let’s reminisce about our beloved hall-of-famer.
    R.I.P. Chuck

🔫https://youtu.be/hyZgZ9cN4kQ

🔫https://youtu.be/RSzjvQSqQMo

🔫https://youtu.be/JJS3lXhwGrY

🔫https://youtu.be/EpBLG3pkpk4

🔫https://youtu.be/KvlH2mLf6l4

Jeff

August 3, 2017 at 8:11 pm

Now I need to binge watch all my Bronson movies this weekend. 😀

August 3, 2017 at 8:50 pm

I have a few Bronson classics. Putting up those trailers made me wanna sit down & watch some of those films. Like I havent watched Deathwish 4 in a while & after watchin the trailer I think I will this weekend📀📺

Jake

August 4, 2017 at 5:20 am

I like to marathon all 5 Death Wish films every fall.

It helps set the tone for the upcoming holiday season.

August 4, 2017 at 6:56 am

Nothing says Christmas spirit more than Bronson giving away bullets to the undesirables.

I have them all on DVD but sometimes I’m in the habit of not watching them in order ..go figure

Jake

August 4, 2017 at 7:25 am

I usually mix in this classic as well and pretend Leo Kessler is just another clever alias of Paul Kersey.

August 4, 2017 at 9:48 am

Got that 1 also..great choice.

Charles mothafukin’ Bronson …
            😂😂😂

4. Avatar

August 3, 2017 at 6:30 pm

Let’s not forget about this manly classic.
    This is one of the most underrated films of the last decade. Hard to believe it’s been 10 years because I’ve seen it so many times.

Jake

August 3, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Death Sentence is great and highly underrated.

But it also made no money at the box office: $16 million (worldwide) off a $20 million budget. That’s probably the main reason Death Wish is being marketed this way. The original directors wanted to do something more philosophical and closer in tone to Death Sentence while the studio wanted something resembling the original Death Wish franchise.

August 3, 2017 at 7:46 pm

I actually saw that movie twice in the cinema.😎👍

I remember one time they were like only a handful of people in the theater and then I went back with another friend cuz I wanted him to watch it and we’re like the only two mofos there.

Some movies just come and go without much fanfare and unfortunately this was one.

Jake

August 4, 2017 at 5:17 am

Someone claims to have seen a test screening in the comments of this Outlaw Vern article. (Which normally wouldn’t be worth mentioning but in this case david j. moore has been fairly reliable in the past.)

He compares it favorably to Death Sentence but stresses it’s not as dark and is clearly intended to be a crowd pleaser. He also addresses everyone’s biggest fear, whether or not Willis is sleepwalking through the role.

It’s only a general impression but he makes it sound better than expected. Hopefully the marketing doesn’t end up fucking the whole thing up.

August 4, 2017 at 7:04 am

I hope that’s the case indeed.

5. Avatar

Craig Richards

August 3, 2017 at 6:36 pm

This is a slap in the face to Charles Bronson!! Boycott this drivel!! Fuck I’m Pissed!!

Avenging force

August 6, 2017 at 8:35 am

Let’s boycott any new action movie that’s not a hard hitting gore feast cause when nobody watches them they’ll make more or less action movies I’m not sure what your plan to boycott is supposed to do?

6. Avatar

GWB 8219

August 3, 2017 at 6:52 pm

Looks better than I thought. Looks like Ol Bruce had to put in a full week or two worth of work as opposed to his 2-3 days of filming.

7. Avatar

GWB 8219

August 3, 2017 at 6:52 pm

This still should have been left in Sly’s hands.

8. Avatar

BradyDeez

August 3, 2017 at 7:11 pm

“Seems like it could do good numbers for our niche in the safe zone of November, away from leotard toy features.”

Just the opposite, actually. Justice League and Thor 3 are both coming out in December.

August 3, 2017 at 7:56 pm

Looks more like a movie that the studio would have released in January. That’s when Liam Neeson has made a lot of his money, early in the year.

9. Avatar

Kirk's Toupee

August 3, 2017 at 8:08 pm

All I had to read was Eli Roth and reimagining to know it will be a piece of shit.

10. Avatar

French Predator

August 3, 2017 at 9:13 pm

It’s a comedy ? Fuck em.

11. Avatar

AlTeo

August 4, 2017 at 12:43 am

I’m actually curious to see how this turns out…certainly it will not compare to the great Bronson but… is there a slight chance the Willis we knew and loved may indeed come back with this one?

I know that with Roth, an R rating is all but guaranteed (Green Inferno was disgusting as fuck). I’m not a fan of his filmmaking but he’s working with Joe Carnahan’s script, so at the very least I’m expecting something watchable. Willis too looks like he’s put in some effort compared to nearly all of the movies he’s done since 2010. Maybe.

12. Avatar

Jimmy Smith

August 4, 2017 at 2:41 am

The crazed SJW feminist idiots are going nuts. Which means we have to watch it.

August 4, 2017 at 7:03 am

They lost their marbles and they ain’t looking for them.

The left also criticized the original back in the day because the Charles Bronson character starts out as a liberal. I wonder if they are going to do on this remake. If they do, expect more backlash. If they see some people cheering in the audience for the Bruce Willis character they will be triggered.

John Ashton

August 4, 2017 at 8:53 am

What a mental article that is! Jesus, some people have serious problems, what is their purpose in life, to bitch and whine about everything they deem ‘incorrect’ ? They need to get out more and chill. As for the movie trailer… Willis being Willis by the looks. I like the original.

13. Avatar

TheOldMcClane

August 4, 2017 at 4:10 am

Looks as bad as I expected it would.

14. Avatar

Stig Johansen

August 4, 2017 at 7:08 am

I would have like Gary Oldman in the lead instead of Willis for this one.

15. Avatar

Lt_Cobretti

August 4, 2017 at 7:17 am

I am so torn, this actually looks good, but I can’t imagine Eli Roth won’t fuck it up with his shitty dialogue.

AlTeo

August 7, 2017 at 4:51 pm

Apparently he’s using Joe Carnahan’s script
      I hope he doesn’t change a thing or add any more lines to it

16. Avatar

Serbius

August 4, 2017 at 9:26 am

Looks decent but it seems the tone is way off. It would look better with Frank Grillo, Gary Oldman or Mel Gibson in the Kersey role.

17. Avatar

Saverio

August 4, 2017 at 1:52 pm

this goofy ass universal trailer song doesn’t fit with the tone of the trailer. It doesn’t fit. Its taking away from the seriousness & grittiness of the movie. Otherwise, it looks better than I ever thought it would.