Trailer: Netflix’s “The Punisher” (2017) - ManlyMovie

Trailer: Netflix’s “The Punisher” (2017)

I can honestly say I have enjoyed all three Punisher films. The films have been shit on a lot by not only critics but by fans (or so they claim) of the comic books.  I think all three actors brought something different to the role of Frank Castle in the movies and their performances worked well within the context in which the story was told.

There was “The Punisher” the Drago version in 1989

Then there was the Thomas Jane/ Travolta version in 2004

Jane returned to play the role in a short movie titled “Dirty Laundry”  in 2012.

& the Kick-Ass “War Zone” in 2008

The subject of comic book movies is a very polarizing one around here. However I think we can agree Frank Castle is not some tulip beta pussy boy character and IMO, the Punisher films have kicked ass. All three movies have been different and had their own identity & I liked all three interpretations of the character in the films.

However when it comes to Jon Bernthal I don’t have a formulated opinion because I haven’t seen the Daredevil Netflix show. There are a bunch of shows I need to catch up on and that is one of the shows that’s on my “Need to watch ” list. Hopefully I’ll get to it soon. Not every Marvel Show interest me but this is one of them.

So far I have to say that for the most part I’ve heard and read nothing but good things about Bernthal in the role. The Punisher is getting its own Netflix show and it’s being reported it will begin streaming in November on Netflix.

These are the reported titles of the episodes of the upcoming series:

Ep.1- 3 AM

Ep.2- Two Dead Men

Ep.3- Kandahar

Ep.4- Resupply

Ep.5- Gunner

Ep.6- The Judas Goat

Ep.7- Crosshairs

Ep.8- Cold Steel

Ep.9- Front Toward Enemy

Ep.10- Virtue of the Vicious

Ep.11- Danger Close

Ep.12- Home

Ep.13- Memento Mori

Here’s a trailer for the upcoming series:

So what you guys think of the movies?

& for those that have seen the Bernthal as the Punisher, how is he? You looking foward to this show?

I am… but Goddamn I need to catch up!

Comment below

1. Jack Caine

August 31, 2017 at 11:55 am

Daredevil is badass. Excellent fight choreography, hard R violence, practical stunt work, and a manly cast that includes Vincent D’Onofrio, Scott Glenn, William Forsythe and Clancy Brown. It’s got more in common with older Marvel films like Blade and The Punisher than any of their recent stuff. The fight scenes are some of the best on TV.

The Punisher is going to be just as awesome. It’s basically Death Wish: The Series. Bernthal is one of the few actors manly enough to carry a show like that.

August 31, 2017 at 9:38 pm

I gotta watch this fuckin thing.
      This looks good

• Jack Caine

September 1, 2017 at 2:42 am

I think you’ll like it, Mucho. It’s basically a gorier, grittier version of Batman.

September 1, 2017 at 3:57 am

Cool pic
          I know I’ll dig it.
          I Have liked a few comic book movies that a lot of people don’t like. The Punisher movies for example.
          I actually liked the Darevil movie. The Director’s Cut is a better movie than the theatrical one but I happen to like both but I prefer the D.C.

• David Barber

September 1, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Me too. I saw the original version at the pictures on my own in 2003 and saw the DC on blu ray earlier this year before watching the series. Brilliant stuff.

September 1, 2017 at 8:08 pm

I always felt the movie suffered because of bandwagon hate
            I mean “Catwoman” is a billion times worst and it didn’t get the hatred Daredevil got.

• Jack Caine

September 1, 2017 at 11:54 pm

I feel sorry for Affleck. He got shafted with both Daredevil and Batman v Superman. Both movies have extended R rated cuts that are vastly better than the versions shown in theatres. Most people just saw the watered down theatrical cuts. The R rated directors’ cuts of both films are way better.

Catwoman on the other hand is a stinking pile of shit. Nothing can top Pfeiffer in Batman Returns.

September 2, 2017 at 1:50 am

WB should have grown a pair and release the director’s cut as the theatrical version. I mean it was better received by everyone both fans and critics.
            What bothers me is the fact now that they’re going to go lighter because of the pussies that had a problem with Ben Affleck being too rough as Batman. They even got Josh Whedon whom at one point in his career I was a fan of but now he’s just gone completely to fruity.

Daredevil was supposed to be released as an rated R picture but weeks before it’s released the studio demanded it to be trimmed to get a p13 rating. It did not explain how Wilson Fisk was found out to be the King Pin in the shity editing job they did towards the end which baffled me. In the director’s cut they explained everything like they were supposed to.

there are bad movies that are so bad they’re awesome and then there are just god-awful movies.
            Catwoman it’s a god-awful movie that deserves to be shit on more.
            I mean seriously
            FUCK THAT MOVIE

• Max Borg

September 6, 2017 at 2:27 pm

They couldn’t release the director’s cut in theaters, it’s too long for IMAX screenings (and you lose one showing per day).

• David Barber

September 1, 2017 at 1:10 pm

I was totally impressed with season 1. IMHO Charlie Cox should have been Emmy nominated had they been manly enough to consider adult comic book action shows too. The final episode was awesome.

• Jack Caine

September 1, 2017 at 11:50 pm

I agree. Charlie Cox was great in Boardwalk Empire and he should’ve got an Emmy nomination for both seasons of Daredevil. If he’d given a performance that strong as a blind attorney in a regular courtroom drama, he totally would have been nominated. But because it’s a martial arts show, the Emmys ignore it.

D’Onofrio also should have been nominated for season 1. And how did season 2 get snubbed for best stunt coordination? They nominated Gotham in that category, but not Daredevil. The Emmys are so full of shit.

• David Barber

September 2, 2017 at 12:38 am

Yep, they are. I’m sure Daredevil could have won an MTV Award or two. Forgot D’Onofrio, he was absolutely compelling. Haven’t seen season 2 yet but will do in the near future. Eldon Henson deserved a nomination too for Best Supporting Actor.

August 31, 2017 at 3:27 pm

I like all Punisher movies as well… they all have something good and bad in it. They got things right / wrong in each film.

Honestly, action-wise, the 2008 version is the best for me. Watched this in an empty theater with a pal. Then the week after it was gone from cinema. I dont think i’ve seen a movie drop out of theater showing so fast before, it was a HUGE flop.

Also, a girl directed the film which is crazy when you think how violent it is.

I’m fucking excited for that new tv show, if it was PG13 it would be total shit though.

3. BradyDeez

August 31, 2017 at 4:36 pm

Jon Bernthal is great as The Punisher. He has a really great intensity to him as an actor. Once his storyline finishes the second season of Daredevil goes to shit.

At least watch the first four episodes! Bernthal is great.

As for the films – I really enjoy the Tom Jane film and the War Zone (B-Movie heaven).
    Haven’t seen Dolph’s movie yet but I will.

August 31, 2017 at 9:31 pm

Thanx. People seem to love Bernthal in the role. I’ll probably watch The DareDevil series cause I even liked the movie when he it’s still fashionable to shit on it. I think that the director’s cut is a much better movie than the theatrical one even though I like both.

Lundgren didn’t use the Skull on the chest which is one thing that even as a kid I didn’t like. But it’s still a violent 80s movie which is something I love. No masterpiece but a cool manly flick. I think you’ll probably dig it

• BradyDeez

September 2, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Definitely. Will check it out after the long weekend!

4. French Predator

August 31, 2017 at 9:56 pm

Dolph pwns ’em all with ease.

5. Jake

August 31, 2017 at 11:29 pm

I’ve always liked all 3 Punisher movies, even if none of them truly satisfied fans at the time. Each one is a fun action flick with good violence.

The Jon Bernthal version is great and both seasons of Daredevil are definitely worth checking out. Bernthal even gets his own version of the famous Daredevil hallway fight:

6. UpInHurr

September 1, 2017 at 1:18 am

This is going to be kick ass!! Bernthal is awesome in the role. He understands the character, he’s said in interviews that he wanted to be really careful with the character, not make him too heroic and keeping with the violent nature that’s inside him. He was awesome in Daredevil season 2 and I’m psyched he’s getting his own show!

Oh and definitely check out Daredevil, both seasons are well worth a watch, even if sometimes it’s annoying how daredevil has the same problems and difficulty fighting a bunch of thugs and a trained army of ninjas….

7. Jimmy Smith

September 2, 2017 at 6:09 am

All of the movies are good but I think Jon Bernthal is the best Punisher overall and can’t wait for the show. It’s been an amazing year for action so far so this will only maker it better.

Best movies IMO