Trailer: Never Back Down – No Surrender (2016) - ManlyMovie

Trailer: Never Back Down – No Surrender (2016)

never-back-downnosurrender

So here is a movie that, while only in VOD territory, might be good all the same.  If only for the cast, hard workers.  Michael Jai White will team up again with Tony Jaa for Never Back Down: No Surrender.  Nathan Jones is also in the movie, another guy Tony Jaa has worked with.  Check out the trailer and synopsis below.

Former MMA champion Case Walker (Michael Jai White) has kept a low profile, winning small-time regional matches after refusing to join the powerful new leagues that push performance- enhancing drugs on their fighters. Walker is convinced by old friend and renowned fighter Brody James (Josh Barnett) to join him in Thailand and train him for a big fight against the undefeated and deadly Caesar Braga (Nathan Jones). During training, Brody is injured. Under pressure from an unscrupulous, high-powered promoter (Esai Morales), Walker agrees to replace James and fight his toughest opponent yet — but only on his own terms.

1. Georg Walker

March 28, 2016 at 8:39 pm

Sounds like a 90’s movie. Guess I will check it out.

March 28, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Josh Barnett looks like Drago’s cousin

• Austrian Oak

March 29, 2016 at 8:13 am

Hahaha I thought the same they gotta get him into a Dolph movie as his lost brother or something 🙂

March 29, 2016 at 9:25 am

Face/Off 2
        starring Dolph Lundgren and Josh Barnett
        1 Cop
        1 Criminal
        2 Parents
        2 Brothers
        1 Collision
        1 Movie
        Opening this summer at 1 cinema by bribing the projectionist

March 28, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Esai Morales?!!!
    I gotta say the mofo was great as the alcoholic jealous brother of Lou Diamond Phillips’s Ritchie Valens in the movie “La Bamba”

-Trollmaster Gary Busey did Buddy Holly back in the day but “La Bamba” might be a little bit of an underrated movie. If any of you like musical autobiographies check out 1987s “La Bamba” which is pretty good.

March 28, 2016 at 9:15 pm

2008 brought us a few manly movies. Amongst them “Street Kings” “Taken” “Punisher : War Zone” ( which i stand behind ) & the masterpiece “Rambo”.

But there was 1 movie I actually saw in the cinema on 1 of my days off that was a pleasant surprise to my sensibilities. See in the eighties and nineties, there were lots of movies about teenagers, sex comedies, growing up comedies, action teenage orientated movies, but much like in the same vein of The Karate Kid there were some movies where the hero got his ass kicked in high school by the popular guy or some bully then trained really hard and came back to fight at the end.
    One example is “no retreat no surrender” where the bad guy of course was portrayed by our boy, the iconic Jean-Claude Van Damme.
    The movie I saw was “Never Back Down”. It really is the mixed martial arts remake of the original Karate Kid. kid walks into town in Orlando Florida, gets his ass kicked by the popular guy cuz he likes his girl, lessons have to be learned taught by an older warrior, training montages are shown & fighting goes down.

Now..if you like these type of fight movies may i suggest the original “Never Back Down”. Is a much better movie that the trailer suggest or 1 might expect. Listen it”s cheesy but if you like 80s cinema, how can you not appreciate a good cheesefest of a movie and surprisingly the movie does have a little bit of heart.
    I have a special spot in my heart for training montages and I have to say that this movie features plenty of those which automatically makes it a good movie in my book😁
    So I recommend “Never Back Down” it’s the MMA remake of The Karate Kid. Much better than the Will Smith’s attempt to make his son of movie star in the Karate Kid remake which by the way they went to China in the movie and in China they don’t practice karate they practice Kung Fu but that’s neither here nor there.

5. Jimmy Smith

March 29, 2016 at 3:17 am

One of the best and at the same time most underrated action stars of today. Falcon Rising kicked ass, I’m looking forward to this.

• Austrian Oak

March 29, 2016 at 8:07 am

Falcon Rising was badass I hope they get the sequel off the ground

March 29, 2016 at 8:21 pm

New R RATED movie coming soon:

7. Just Some Polack

March 30, 2016 at 6:00 pm

The title reminds me of an ultracheesy, but hugely entertaining 1986 movie “No Retreat, No Surrender”. Coincidence?