Cameron Says 4k ‘Abyss’ Finally Coming – ManlyMovie

Cameron Says 4k ‘Abyss’ Finally Coming

It’s very odd that a movie as big as The Abyss has practically skipped a generation on home media.  I’d really like to know what happened there.  But it’s finally going to come out of the woodwork.

“We’ve done a wet-gate 4K scan of the original negative, and it’s going to look insanely good,” Jim Cameron says. “We’re going to do an authoring pass in the DI for Blu-ray and HDR at the same time.”

He said to expect that some time early next year. In the meantime, the 30th anniversary “Aliens” DVD/Blu-ray hits shelves Sept. 13.

Following that closely will be a 3D version of Terminator 2: Judgement Day (not to be confused with T2:3D) in October.  One question though, does this mean True Lies is also getting the remaster treatment?

1. Mainline DnB

July 25, 2016 at 11:07 pm

That picture reminds me of something i wanted to suggest a long time ago…. Can we have the Manly Movie Top 5 Manliest Moustaches Of All Time at some point?

2. AlTeo

July 25, 2016 at 11:09 pm

3. Saverio

July 26, 2016 at 12:03 am

I blind bought this back in April & have yet to get around to it. What does everyone think of it?

July 26, 2016 at 6:07 am

I like the movie. It’s not on the same league as his Terminator movies & True Lies but it still is I think a cool movie. Of course it’s Cameron & some of his lefty politics are obvious in some parts of the movie.

There was a director’s or special edition release on DVD and Blu-ray. I don’t know which one you got but I put a link below that explains the differences between the theatrical cut & the director’s cut. If you have not seen the movie careful because it contains spoilers so I recommend not reading the article b4 u watch the movie, but here’s the original teaser trailer also which is pretty cool. I think you’re going to enjoy the movie. It will not be your favorite but it would entertain you I think… Or at least hope so👍😀

**www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=728

• Saverio

July 26, 2016 at 10:33 am

I blind bought the special edition DVD

July 26, 2016 at 12:06 pm

It’s a cool DVD. There are movies I buy as well that I have not seen and some time goes by and then I realized that I have not seen them yet just this past week I Came Upon “The Day The Earth Stood Still” remake starring Keanu Reeves in 1 of my many DVD boxes & I realize I have not seen the movie yet. It happens to the best of us😜
          But I think you’ll dig “The Abyss”…if not..blame Cameron😈

• Saverio

July 26, 2016 at 12:28 pm

That’s what I love about my DVD Blu-ray collection. It’s almost like a rental store in a way. There’s a lot that I have still not seen

July 26, 2016 at 1:23 pm

One of my lifelong Ambitions is either to become rich ,
            Have my girlfriend become rich or me hook up with a rich lady so that she pays for everything while I just sit at home and watch TV all day.
            I need to catch up😀📺📼🎬📀

4. Andymovieman

July 26, 2016 at 1:10 am

One of 3 michael Biehn movies in which he is a bad guy with a mustache. The other two were tombstone and Jade.