Lambert: We’re Making Mortal Kombat 3 - ManlyMovie

Lambert: We’re Making Mortal Kombat 3

mortalkombat3

Man it’s been a while since I’ve ever heard the name Christopher Lambert.  That guy was always lurking around, back in the day.  If there were no new VHS movies with Sylvester Stallone or Schwarzenegger, you’d go to Van Damme or Seagal.  Failing that, Christopher Lambert.  Sorry Christophe, but a 1990’s C-lister is often manlier than a 2010’s A-lister.

So anyway, we never got that third Mortal Kombat movie.  But now according to Lambert, it’s coming.  While speaking with Loaded, the actor claimed that he is in talks to reprise his role as Raiden in a third Mortal Kombat movie, and that it will be quite a bit different than the first two. Yes, it wil introduce inter-dimensional time travel to the mix. Here is what he had to say.

“They have a great idea for the third one. It will be very different. We are going to be traveling through time but in a very special way. So imagine characters having a battle in the middle of London and then whoosh, you smash through a window and find yourself on the hood of a New York cab.”

Say what you will, but to me the first movie has aged very well.  It has some cool fights;

Thanks to: Sergei

1. Goro

July 14, 2016 at 9:20 pm

They’ve been planning MK3 for years. I think it is too late now. I think the original cast was perfect although the actors themselves were not so popular. For me it would look weird to see MK with different actors. Even with MK2….although it was total failure, having different actor for Sonya did not feel right for example.

2. Andymovieman

July 14, 2016 at 9:37 pm

I also hope he’s in the expendables 4 as well. Cause he’d be great as a hero and Stallone thinks so too. Plus he’s the highlander and beat out a lot of guys for the role like kurt Russell, Mel Gibson, Kevin Costner, Michael Douglas, Peter Weller, Ed Harris, William hurt, Sting the singer, not the wrestler, hulk hogan, Mickey Rourke, Marc the beastmaster Singer, and the late patrick Swayze.

July 14, 2016 at 9:47 pm

I remember when it came out i was a big fan of MK games, my favorite is MK3, then we watched this in cinema me and 2 pals, we fucking HATED the fact that it was PG13, no blood/gore, it was fucking shit. But it was a good movie though.

Definately a mistake to make it PG13, should have been extra violent, story was alright and i liked the cast.

I always said Brandon Lee should have been in it if he was still there at that time.

July 14, 2016 at 11:45 pm

Mortal Kombat is a 90s gem

5. The Fanboy Perspective

July 16, 2016 at 8:20 am

I’d rather they reboot the entire franchise. Start from scratch with a decent mid-level budget, an R rating, and go from there.

6. Just Some Polack

July 16, 2016 at 10:45 am

Lambert was the best thing about the first movie. If they decide for a sequel, I hope they will also bring him back. Damn, I miss that laugh!

7. Just Some Polack

July 16, 2016 at 10:52 am

If you’re desperate for some Lambert action, check out “The Point Men” (2001). A bit of a schlock, but at least fast-paced, so it won’t bore you to death like current VODmits.

• AlTeo

July 18, 2016 at 1:53 am

Saw that on TV many years ago… kind of liked it

It was kind of hokey but then again director John Glen (director of all five official 007 movies of the 1980s) was really showing his age…