To Live And Die In L.A. Getting Blu-Ray Restoration – ManlyMovie

To Live And Die In L.A. Getting Blu-Ray Restoration

livediela

Well what do you know?  This November, PAL territories will get a new remastered version of To Live and Die in L.A.  This new released will have a 4k restoration supervised by William Friedkin himself.  Check out the details and artwork below.

Synopsis:

A FEDERAL AGENT IS DEAD. A KILLER IS LOOSE. AND THE CITY OF ANGELS IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE.

In the seventies William Friedkin made The French Connection, The Exorcist and Sorcerer. In the eighties he equalled them with To Live and Die in L.A., one of the most stylish thrillers the decade had to offer.

When his partner is murdered just days before retirement, Secret Service Agent Richard Chance (William Petersen, Manhunter) begins an obsessive hunt for his killer – counterfeiter and all-round psychopath Eric Masters, played by Willem Dafoe at his villainous prime.

Beautifully shot by Robby Muller (Repo Man, Paris, Texas) and with a driving score with British new wave act Wang Chung, To Live and Die in L.A. looks and sounds exceptional in this brand-new 4K restoration from the original 35mm negative.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new 4K restoration from the original 35mm negative supervised and approved by director William Friedkin
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
  • Original Uncompressed Mono PCM audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary by director and co-writer William Friedkin
  • Counterfeit World: The Making of To Live and Die in L.A. archive featurette containing interviews with Friedkin, actors William Petersen and Willem Dafoe, and others
  • Alternative ending
  • Deleted scene
  • Stills gallery
  • Trailers
  • MORE SPECIAL FEATURES TO BE ANNOUNCED!
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by the Twins of Evil

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Anne Billson

DETAILS:

RRP: £19.99 £15.99

Region: B

Duration: 116 mins

Language: English

Subtitles: English SDH

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1

Audio: 5.1?

Discs: 2

Colour

August 12, 2016 at 5:48 pm

This one looks better and better with every passing year…A classic movie..I think Friedkin is being given some long overdue credit for some of his neglected movies.For a while there you’d think all he ever did was French Connection & Exorcist…but TLADILA is in the same class…maybe Sorcerer is too.

• Andymovieman

August 13, 2016 at 11:18 pm

What about Jade and the hunted, and blue chips?

August 12, 2016 at 7:14 pm

When I was a kid and saw the movie and watched Willem Dafoe make his own money, I told my parents that’s what I wanted to do with my life.

• Saverio

August 13, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Hey Mucho, look at what came in the mail for me today

August 13, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Holy shit dude..awesome!!
        Let me know what you think when you watch it.
        I think you are going to like it.
        I still havent been able to watch the shit thats on my list.
        Busy as hell running around but I will get to it.
        And as always i’m open to suggestions.

• Saverio

August 14, 2016 at 6:30 am

it wasn’t bad. It opened strong. Appreciate the suggestion

August 14, 2016 at 8:56 am

I take it you didnt like it that much. Its been a while since I’ve seen it but I do like the movie.
            I’ll think of other movies when I turn my brain on.

• Saverio

August 14, 2016 at 2:50 pm

it was ok. Hey it only cost me $4 on Amazon with shipping. It was a win win

August 14, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Same here..I remember I bought it in a store for a couple of bucks.
            I miss video stores. There was this family own store i knew where sometimes they would let me buy like 5 DVDs for like $10.
            I do remember the opening sequence been very strong like u wrote. I gotta go through my boxes of DVDs to see if I can recommend something

• Saverio

August 14, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Can’t wait

August 12, 2016 at 7:14 pm

August 12, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Ah the 80s.. depending on whether you lived or died in LA,
    you can Wang Chung Tonight

5. Andymovieman

August 13, 2016 at 12:39 am

Best film that billy Friedkin did par to the hunted, jade, blue chips and the French connection.

6. AlTeo

August 13, 2016 at 1:13 am

10/10 A goddamned masterpiece by Billy Friedkin

7. Saverio

August 13, 2016 at 3:21 pm

You mean to tell me my Blu-ray copy is not Blu-ray restored?!

8. Lt_Cobretti

August 14, 2016 at 5:46 am

Arrow does it again. That new cover is amazing too, but I’ll have it reserved to the original poster art because it’s one of the greatest of all time.

9. ColonelBobi

August 15, 2016 at 10:11 am

An under-appreciated classic. Love this movie. It had the balls to kill off the lead before the final showdown, something you rarely see with Hollywood movies. Def one of Friedkin’s best.

• Andymovieman

September 19, 2016 at 2:08 am

Expendables 3 should have been a lot like to live and die in LA. But sadly it didn’t happen. Hopefully for the next one, the young kids, Randy couture, jet Li and even Stallone bites the dust.

• ColonelBobi

September 19, 2016 at 10:20 am

I swerved Exp 3 when I heard it was a PG13. I’m yet to hear a good word about it, even Sly said it sucked didn’t he? Maybe they shouldn’t do anymore?