True Lies & The Abyss HD Remaster Broadcast – ManlyMovie

True Lies & The Abyss HD Remaster Broadcast

truelies

We’re all waiting for True Lies 2 and The Abyss on Blu-Ray, especially the former I think it would be fair to say.  The high definition remasters have been done and the movies will appear sometime in the first half of 2017.  However according to The Digital Bits, some might see the new remasters early;

In other news, word from one of our readers is that StarzEncore HD (and apparently also HDNet) is currently running both James Cameron’s The Abyss and also True Lies in remastered HD. So there’s hope that (in addition to the recently announced plan to release The Abyss on Blu-ray in 2017) we may finally see True Lies on disc in HD next year as well. Thanks to Bits reader Jason B. for the heads-up!

Personally I’d wait.  I’m a big proponent of hard media versus broadcast and streaming.  Fact is, they’re always going to (slightly) screw you with compression.  Are TV broadcasts still in 1080i? God, it’s been so long since I’ve even bothered taking TV seriously.  I don’t think they could do DTS-HD either.  And you really want that intro scene with Arnold at the hotel to sound off!

It’s interesting though that they can’t even get this out in 2016.  I mean, Ghostbusters is a 32 year old movie and not only is it older than either of these movies and out on Blu-Ray, it’s now out on 4K UHD Blu-Ray.  I can only guess that some type of legal tantrum, somewhere, has derailed the releases for this long.

Meanwhile, check out these rare True Lies interviews that were never broadcast and uploaded to our YouTube Channel.

1. Andymovieman

October 5, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Personally, I’d like to see them make a true lies 2 after all this time and I’d like to see arnold and Cameron work together again.. Jim Cameron should write and direct hopefully. If not get Bill Paxton besides returning as Simon or John woo, paul Verhoeven, William Friedkin, John Mctiernan, Sylvester Stallone, and Shane black since he wrote long kiss goodnight which was like true lies in a way. Get them to direct the film. Make the villains more american domestic terrorists. Guys like Ray Liotta, michael Biehn, Stephen Lang, Ed Harris, Ron Perlman, richard gere, Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Alec Baldwin, jeff bridges, Tommy Lee jones, Jack Nicholson, Robert De Niro, and Al Pacino for the villain.

October 5, 2016 at 2:11 pm

I am tired
    I am hungry
    I am pissed off
    I’m sleepy
    I need to troll

• Jacob Phillips

October 5, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Man I wanted to fuck Kate Winslett.

October 5, 2016 at 9:30 pm

Winslett is hot.
        I’ll ride those curves.
        Always wanted to.
        I give her credit for alwayz gettin naked.
        Today starlets dont like to show the goods.
        Get Naked Damn It!!

• jim

October 6, 2016 at 12:18 pm

I fail to see the point of ’em if they don’t…It’s what they’re here for..When they’re old and saggy they’ll be glad they did…old dears like to reminisce about how good lookin’ they used to be..It comforts them whereas for us guys that kind of memory is a little sad

October 6, 2016 at 1:31 pm

Kevin James was the star on a sitcom title The King of Queens. In it he was married to the actress Leah Remini..On a funny episode she was complaining that the construction workers near their house were whistling and yelling obscenities of a sexual nature at her. Then one day on her birthday the construction workers incidentally didn’t whistle at her and didn’t say anything to her and she all of the sudden got very insecure about her looks & felt old. So much so that the husband had to go to the construction workers and ask them if they could yell stuff at his wife.
            This episode captured how bipolar woman are regarding their looks. They’re always crying bitching moaning complaining about how they are more than sex objects but if men stop looking at them, they get all sad & depressed

• jim

October 6, 2016 at 5:51 pm

Women are bi polar in every way..this generation in particular..for example: women are front and centre when it comes to tranny rights and faggophobia but I don’t know any woman who wants a faggy son..they all want the fruit of their loins to be an alpha: captain of the football team,deflowering all the cheerleaders albeit in a sexually responsible hygienic fashion..it makes them proud to give birth to a stud bunny. Despite all the PC bullshit they still rate the traditional male virtues. …And what do they do when they get married? They emasculate their sap of a husband and make him do the hoovering while they shag their tennis coach… It never pays to listen to what women say. Far wiser to watch what they do..Honest women will admit that they are all out of their skulls one week in four..

October 5, 2016 at 2:15 pm

4. Saverio

October 6, 2016 at 1:03 am

you all will have to settle for this son of a bitch first! Ian McShane neo western drug cartel film….

• jim

October 6, 2016 at 12:15 pm

Looks old school….me likeee…

5. Austrian Oak

October 6, 2016 at 12:13 pm

I’ve been waiting for True Lies on blu since the format came out. Jamie-Lee was a damn fine piece of ass back in the day,we need this stuff in hd.Plus to me it was Arnold’s last good Action movie. (‘Jingle all the way’ was a guilty pleasure but it doesn’t count as action)