Silent Rage (1982) Headed To Blu-Ray - ManlyMovie

Silent Rage (1982) Headed To Blu-Ray

Better delayed and late than not at all, Chuck Norris’ 1980’s manly movie Silent Rage is headed to Blu-Ray.

Chuck Norris, six-time World Karate Champion, stars in his first suspense film as the tough, street-fighting sheriff of a small Texas town terrorized by a psychotic killer.

Sheriff Stevens (Norris) is faced with the dilemma of stopping the invincible murderer, made virtually indestructible through genetic engineering. A young group of researchers are responsible for developing the genetically altering serum, and the head of the research institute is determined to continue the experiments, regardless of the consequences.

Norris displays fighting brilliance as he single-handedly routs a dozen brutal bikers from a truck stop hangout, while revealing a warm and sexy side when he rekindles an old romance with Alison Halman (Toni Kalem), a researcher at the institute. Excitement, horror, and romance prevail as Norris combats the killer.

The film will come our way courtesy of Mill Creek Entertainment.  No further details on a release date, but they uploaded this to YouTube;

1. Just Some Polack

January 23, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Oh yes, that little gem. Why we hadn’t more movies like this? You know, one of those indestructible slasher killers like Michael Myers or Jason vs one of our favorites like JCVD. Shit, how awesome it would be to see Sensei Seagal vs Freddie Kruger.

2. Saverio

January 23, 2017 at 3:57 pm

I like the premise of this but was it any good?

• Edgecrusher

January 23, 2017 at 4:14 pm

yes, but i would say it is more than just good. watched it many times before

January 23, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Yes. Cool flick.
      A good movie in the Norris filmography.
      Not a Delta Force kinda movie though.
      It does at time has a slasher movie feel to it

• Thunderdome

January 24, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Yes, do yourself a favor and check it out!

January 23, 2017 at 5:12 pm

We should bring up Chuck Norris more. The man is a legend.
    Anyways a few years ago, I decided to start collecting Chuck Norris movies and a have so many of them on DVD and this was one of the first movies I bought because I used to love it as a kid. Norris was a big part of my upbringing. If you loved 80s action movies and if loved Cannon pictures, you loved Norris.

Cannon Pictures had 3 go-to-Leading Men, those were Michael Dudikoff, Charles Bronson and Chuck Norris ( Could one name a studio today that would have that kind of roster? 😕 )

This is an underrated movie in Norris filmography. Cool flick.

• jim

January 23, 2017 at 10:06 pm

Lone Wolfe McQuade is his best one but it wasn’t a Cannon production…It did have David Carradine and a babe called Barbara Carrera.

January 23, 2017 at 11:12 pm

I like that movie a lot. Also “The Octagon” is pretty good.
        He’s done a bunch of good ones.
        One I also love is “Code of Silence”
        Directed by Andrew Davis. Kick Ass cop movie set in Chicago

• Saverio

January 24, 2017 at 12:58 am

I really like ‘Invasion USA’ for what its worth

January 24, 2017 at 1:04 am

I fuckin love “Invasion USA”.
            Fuckin 1985 had amazing kick ass movies.
            Chuck Norris had a great 1985.
            He had ” Insion USA” “Code of Silence” & “Missing in Action 2″ all in 1985.
            Btw..”M.I.A. 2” is a fuckin great war “us vs them” action movie.
            I also love “The Hitman”…shit..Chuck has done lots of cool movies

• Saverio

January 24, 2017 at 1:12 am

I still love 80’s! They’re still better than most of today’s poop-shits. Real explosions & real stunt men doing real stunt work. Irreplaceable!

1985 was good but 1987, IMO, is the best year for movies of any genre. Too many to name.

January 24, 2017 at 1:27 am

A shit from the 80s is a masterpiece compared to a turd of today.
            Music, movies, TV in the 80s were fuckin great!
            87 was a great year indeed.
            Good times..good times
            I’m getting depressed
            Hahahaha
            # nostalgia

• Saverio

January 24, 2017 at 1:15 am

I’m gonna watch this, this weekend! This is almost Terminator-like.

January 24, 2017 at 1:24 am

You should. Is a cool flick. Norris has a bunch of them.

• Saverio

February 4, 2017 at 3:48 am

Ok I watched it last weekend. It was okay. I just think it could’ve been so much better! I liked it for what it was. Nice slasher/action hybrid like Cobra.

I think this could be remade. It’s a good candidate & that’s rare for me to say. I wonder why no sequel? It’s obviously set up for it.

All in all, good recommendation and glad I saw it. 👍🏻👊🏻

February 4, 2017 at 3:35 pm

It was a good movie in my opinion . You have to remember that was a style of filmmaking around that time in history. The tone & pace was very common for the time. By the mid-to-late eighties things had already picked up more like “Cobra” in ’86. In horror movies as well you saw slasher films get bloodier and bloodier as they progressed. Fucking Jason Voorhees kill more people than cancer.😂
            Speaking of the manly classic “Cobra” to this fucking day I wish for them to release the director’s cut of the movie they intended to release before they cut it down just weeks before its release.

Chuck Norris has some great movies in his filmography. Another cool Norris versus a serial killer movie is “hero and the terror” from 1989.
            If you have not seen it is also worth a look.
            also from the top of my head “Code of Silence” I think it’s underrated & from ’91 “The Hitman” is fucking awesome.

• Saverio

February 4, 2017 at 4:13 pm

yes I’ve seen it. I have the double feature DVD of ‘Code of Silence’ & ‘Hero & the Terror’. It has Jackson from ‘American Ninja’ (RIP) in it & Jack O’Holloran.

I miss 80’s film making…….

February 4, 2017 at 4:19 pm

Steve James was a cool guy that died wayyy too young.
            Btw.. did you ever see Norris in “firewalker” with Louis Gossett jr.?

• Saverio

February 4, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Nope

February 4, 2017 at 4:38 pm

Chuck Norris doing comedy and acting like Indiana Jones of sorts.

February 4, 2017 at 4:41 pm

Heres another chuck classic

February 4, 2017 at 4:19 pm

I miss 80s everything

January 23, 2017 at 5:20 pm

A Chuck Norris fans if you like this movie let me also recommend another cool Chuck Norris underrated movie. The movie’s title is “Hero and the Terror”. In “Silent Rage” Norris went up against a monster made by science, in this one goes up against a big, powerful, serial killer named Simon Moon.

This is a cool movie.

• Saverio

January 24, 2017 at 12:54 am

the big mute from Superman II is the villain. Jack O’Holloran, former pro boxer was one fight away from fighting Ali for the heavyweight title but got knocked out

January 24, 2017 at 1:06 am

Yes! True.
        Although there are rumors the boxer had kryptonite in the gloves😜

January 23, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Hey Knightrider what do you think of this new 24 tv show?? good? or shit?

January 23, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Hey Knight, two new John Wick TV SPOTS (2 and 3) on my channel:

7. TheOldMcClane

January 24, 2017 at 2:08 am

this is a damn good film.

8. Thunderdome

January 24, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Highly recommended movie! The bad guy scared the crap out of me when I was a kid, rewatched it years later and it’s a great movie.

My favorite scene is Chuck Norris seeing an old flame who proceeds to slap him right across the face, he then smiles and asks “so how ya been?”