Bummer: Adonis NOT Fighting Drago? | ManlyMovie

Bummer: Adonis NOT Fighting Drago?

It has been all over the place for a while that Adonis Creed would take on the man who killed his father in the ring in Creed II.  Dolph Lundgren is officially in the movie, so it looked like this was true.  Especially since Sylvester Stallone was so old in Rocky Balboa, and fought, it looked possible.

Well apparently not, according to this Finnish news source.

They’re looking for a real boxer to play Drago’s son.  They want a 20-25 year old blonde male, at around 6’3.

But who knows, maybe there will be a Drago/Creed fight.  Perhaps early in the movie?  With Drago’s son seeking a follow up?  But that seems unlikely.  It looks like Drago will be in his son’s corner and Rocky in Creed’s corner.

1. Avatar

JazzWEBSTER

November 1, 2017 at 9:26 am

Well it was kinda obvious he wasn’t going to fight Drago. I don’t know why everyone wanted it to happen so badly. I also don’t want Adonis to fight Drago’s son. It makes no sense whatsoever.

The Night Rider

November 1, 2017 at 10:34 am

Since Dolph is in such good condition for his age, I kinda hoped he was going to fight Drago, especially since the caricature super villain theme might be toned down with the age angle.

But fighting his son seems odd. Maybe Dolph might even be limited to an extended cameo, a scuffle with Balboa at the weigh-in.

JazzWEBSTER

November 1, 2017 at 10:38 am

I’m definitely hoping for some sort of scuffle between Rocky and Drago as it would be amazing.

Adonis fighting his son or even Drago makes no sense as Rocky has already taken his revenge for Apollo.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Jake

November 1, 2017 at 6:25 pm

I didn’t realize Adonis fighting Drago was even a rumor. Thought it was always expected to be the two sons climbing into the ring.

JazzWEBSTER

November 1, 2017 at 8:10 pm

It’s been a rumour for quite a while and it felt like people just assumed that would be the story. I’m a huge Rocky fan but I felt like I was the only one who didn’t want Creed vs Drago/Drago Jr. story as we had the revenge story already.

2. Avatar

Mucho Macho

November 1, 2017 at 10:46 am

“Rocky IV” is my favorite “fight” movie.
    People around me are like “man you must be excited” but the truth of the matter is that I’m not.

“Creed” & “Rocky IV” are miles & oceans apart in tone. My cynicism, my skepticism and my love for “Rocky IV” will not allow me allow me to be hopeful about this sequel.

You know the “Creed” soundtrack will be nothing like this

Jake

November 1, 2017 at 6:28 pm

Sadly, that’s how I feel about most of these rumored nostalgia projects. There’s just no way you’re going to be able to do justice to Rocky IV in 2017. (Mainly because there’s not enough awesome left.)

Mucho Macho

November 1, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Awesome at times feels like it died with the 20th century

AlienFanboy

November 14, 2017 at 2:43 am

Rocky 4 is hands down my favourite Rocky is fucking awesome and shits all over Creed which was a rip off of that Tom Hardy film Warrior but I’m hopeful that with Sly writing and directing and starring and Dolph returning also that it could be good

Mucho Macho

November 14, 2017 at 10:24 am

If they’re going to do it it might as well be good but I’m still not optimistic.
        I’ve seen “Creed” already a couple of more times and I still think that Rocky Balboa should’ve gotten the credit and the praise that “Creed” got.
        I love “Warrior” like you and I think it’s a very underrated movie with a fantastic score.

3. Avatar

Mucho Macho

November 1, 2017 at 10:49 am

Adonis and I don’t know who the fuck they gonna get, but they will never come close to this

4. Avatar

Mucho Macho

November 1, 2017 at 10:52 am

Still to this day…
    Every time a friend of mine gets beaten to death by a Russian,
    I get in my car and play this and reminisce about the great times we had

5. Avatar

Mucho Macho

November 1, 2017 at 10:59 am

“They want a 20-25 year old blonde male, at around 6’3.”
    Too old & too tall for Kevin Spacey I guess
    😎

6. Avatar

Mucho Macho

November 1, 2017 at 11:03 am

Bring back Brigitte Nielsen Sly!
    Now that would be a fun set

The Night Rider

November 1, 2017 at 8:08 pm

Still would. Don’t care what anyone says.

Mucho Macho

November 1, 2017 at 10:27 pm

There is something about these hot chicks we used to fancy when we were young. They are pass their “youthful prime”, however we must still fulfill that youth hormone driven fantasy.
        Dont get me wrong, some of them have aged extremely well.

Somebody please let Belinda Carlisle from the Go-Gos I still want her😁

French Predator

November 2, 2017 at 11:44 am

She’s still hot as fuck

Mucho Macho

November 2, 2017 at 12:38 pm

👍👍

Jack Caine

November 1, 2017 at 11:59 pm

Remember that time she showed up shitfaced on Fantasy Football? Good times.

7. Avatar

French Predator

November 1, 2017 at 2:31 pm

Maybe a little fight between Rocky and Ivan…I’m okay with Creed not fighting Ivan

8. Avatar

Eric Hutchison

November 1, 2017 at 6:54 pm

I never expected him to fight Drago himself. I always assumed it would be against Drago’s son, or protégé.

9. Avatar