Suggested Manlier Re-Cut Of The Expendables 2 – ManlyMovie

Suggested Manlier Re-Cut Of The Expendables 2

While I did enjoy The Expendables 2, I thought its main problem was the overuse of self referential humour and a general tendency towards happy go lucky cheesiness overall.  So I decided to edit the copy of the movie that I own and purchased in 2012, removing the goofy shit where possible.  To compliment their removal, I added some deleted scenes which exist for the movie, such as Randy Couture and Terry Crews killing more men with shotguns at the airport.  The original runtime was 103 minutes.  The runtime of the version I have edited is around 99 minutes.  For those wondering, I ripped the Blu Ray version that I own and edited it with Sony Vegas.

Here is a list of what was changed.  You can check the movie back and see what you think and if anything else could be removed, or added.  There are a few other alterations I would like.  I think that the hue and colour of the transfer could be cooled down, maybe, Terminator 2 style.  A colder and meaner soundtrack would also help this movie.  What other movies could this be tried with?

03:55: Removed Terry crews celebration (2 secs)

04:29: Removed joking between Lundgren and Li (3 secs)

06:48: Removed “Ohh this is embarrassing” dialogue by Arnold (2 secs)

07:25: Removed “If i dont get this back, your ass in Terminated” (5 secs)

14:40: Removed Stallone/Statham joke about Statham being amazing (3 secs)

15:30: Removed cheesy Chinese takeout joke where all of the cast laugh happily (5 secs)

Inserted: Conversation between Crews/Statham/Lundgren on cheating women (30 secs)

17:08: Removed cheesy self referential joke about Lundgren’s real life educational credentials and his relationship with Grace Jones, which ends in cast laughing happily (40 secs)

Inserted: Willis insulting Stallone on plane (10 secs)

31:09: Edited a scene where Stallone desposes of two wild dogs chewing on a corpse, removed scene of dogs fleeing and forwarded gunshot sounds, looks like Ross possibly killed the dogs off screen – (4secs)

Inserted: Stallone explaining the name Expendables – (40secs)

19:34: Removed old men can’t run joking/cheese (30 secs)

46:45: Removed goof knuckle duster talk (5 secs)

47:49: Removed “he’s really gigantic” (4 secs)

51:00: Removed shitty comedy about last meal (1 min)

55:30: Removed Chuck Norris Good Bad & Ugly garbage (20secs)

56:30: Removed garbage Norris cheese  (20 secs)

1:09:00: Removed Lundgren self referential PHD comedy (enough!) (1:40 min)

1:11:09: Removed “I’m back” cheese (02 secs)

Inserted: Crews and Couture killing pissants at airport (40 secs)

1:15:00: Removed more Chuck Norris Good Bad & Ugly cheese (2 secs)

1:16:11: Removed Willis/Arnie “I’ll be back/yippie kay yay” back and forth cheese (7 secs)

1:16:24: Removed “Who is next, Rambo?” cheese (3 secs)

1:17:00: Removed Arnie ripping door off cheese (5 secs)

1. WeAllLoveToast11

June 6, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Any chance you re-edited the finale to be a little less choppy/use less repeated footage?

2. Anonymous

June 7, 2014 at 5:23 am

Good edit. The scenes that were removed but added by you really shouldn’t have been removed in the first place, they were really good and would’ve made the movie better. Especially the added final fight bits and the conversation between Statham, Crews and Couture about cheating. That’s a MUCH better conversation than the hopelessly lame and cheesy last meal talk which just felt clumsy

3. Anonymous

June 7, 2014 at 9:34 am

That airport scene has PG all over it

• Luke

September 3, 2016 at 12:27 am

I don’t think they inserted the blood for the deleted scenes. All the blood was digital.

4. Anonymous

June 7, 2014 at 11:19 am

No maggie deleted fight secene? 🙁

5. TheOldMcClane

June 7, 2014 at 2:22 pm

A lot of bad jokes in this film.

6. AlTeo

September 3, 2016 at 12:23 am

A movie in dire need of a manly recut would be David Ayer’s Sabotage. In my opinion the theatrical cut is still Arnold’s best film since leaving politics, but with the added deleted scenes and alternate ending thrown in as Ayer intended, it will most definitely be a new Arnold classic.

• jim

September 3, 2016 at 12:54 am

Agreed but you’d also have to replace a couple of the cast and some lame dialogue.

7. Luke

September 3, 2016 at 12:28 am

It’s a shame Expendables 2 didn’t have Seagal. Then it would have been a almost complete 90s action team

September 3, 2016 at 12:58 am

The film is shit…The Expendables movies are a wasted opportunity..There was a time any number of old school action directors could have done better in their sleep. ….Chimp movies…they make us look bad.

9. JustAJagielo

September 4, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Am I not seeing the link? How can I watch this….

10. commonsense101

September 7, 2016 at 3:47 am

Is there a link of some sort to see this ‘cut/edit’? Or do we ask via email or so forth? As for music…perhaps when Chuck Norris first appears, have the ‘whistle’ from Lone Wolf McQuade? Or a slower version of the main them of The Delta Force? Or perhaps have the main them from The Delta Force during the finale of the film? It’s be nice to hear music from other action films in it (the score to Expendables 2 was very forgettable)…whether it be music cues from Hard Target, or even Hans Zimmer’s Broken Arrow (phenomenal Action Score) or Con Air. It’s too bad there wasn’t a way to make the Van Damme/Sly fight longer…Van Damme lost way too easily…they should have had Van Dame give quite a few kicks/punches to Sly, beat him down, and THEN have Sly make the come back.

11. Thunderdome

September 20, 2016 at 10:12 pm

I love part 2 the way it is, I think it has the perfect mix of action and humor while part 1 was mostly straight action (not complaining at all) and part 3 was a little too light and not as hardcore.

The only thing I don’t like is when Stallone beats Van Damme and then spits on him. These movies are for action fans and no matter who’s playing the bad guy we’re happy to see them and it’s almost meta in a way. So when Stallone spits it’s like he’s really spitting on Van Damme. Sounds weird but it makes sense to me.

If they make a 4th one I’d be perfectly happy if it follows either 1 or 2’s formulas.