Some potential good news on the upcoming Mission: Impossible 5. The film will harken back to its TV roots and apparently have an “old school vibe”. Here are some highlights from information that was revealed by director Christopher McQuarrie this week.
• The first official teaser trailer will be arriving very soon as will the film’s official name, poster, and the first promotional photos of the cast.
• The finale did not have to be reshot, it just had to be prepped. They are currently shooting it as we speak.
• Both Paula Patton (Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol) and Maggie Q (Mission: Impossible 3) were asked to return, but unfortunately were unavailable.
• The film will pay homage to the original television series and have a bit of an “old-school” vibe throughout.
• Jeremy Renner (The Avengers) & Ving Rhames (Mission: Impossible 1-4) will have expanded roles compared to the last outing, and Simon Pegg (Star Trek) will be getting his hands dirty.
• Sean Harris (Prometheus) will be playing the film’s villain.
• McQuarrie broke his own personal record for footage recorded.
• And what should be no surprise to anyone, Tom Cruise & Jeremy Renner are both very proficient when it comes to action scenes.
This could very well turn out to be an interesting sequel and it could well be yet another “good” Mission: Impossible sequel. Don’t forget it was also moved to a more competitive slot. Looking forward to that trailer then.